This No-Bake Peppermint Pie (also called a Candy Cane Pie) will get everyone in the holiday mood! It is one of the prettiest and most delicious pies I have ever made!
The Cool Whip and cream cheese create a deliciously light and fluffy texture with the perfect amount of peppermint. Paired with a chocolatey OREO crust and topped with crushed candy canes! It is the perfect holiday dessert! My family begs for it, yours will too!
No-Bake Candy Cane Pie Recipe
Get ready for a new festive favorite in the form of a mouthwatering peppermint pie! You won’t want to wait for the holiday season to bake this festive sweet treat for the whole family to enjoy!
Nothing screams CHRISTMAS like the smell of peppermint. Candy canes have long been a part of my family’s holiday traditions so I was super excited when I stumbled upon this candy cane pie recipe.
If I had to summarize what a candy cane pie is… It’s like cheesecake meets Christmas but even better! If Santa has a go-to dessert, I’m willing to bet that this scrumptious candy cane pie is it.
Nothing brings back nostalgic Holiday time memories from your childhood like the bright red and soft white colors on a candy cane and that unmistakable peppermint aroma.
Peppermint Pie Ingredients
- One Oreo pie crust
- Heavy cream
- Powdered sugar
- Cream cheese, softened
- Red food coloring
- Vanilla extract
- Peppermint extract
- Peppermint candy canes or mints, crushed
- Cool Whip
- Crushed peppermint candy for decoration
How to make our Peppermint Candy Cane Pie
- WHIP the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside
- CREAM together the powdered sugar and cream cheese. Add the food coloring and vanilla & peppermint extract to the cream cheese/powdered sugar bowl and mix.
- MIX in the peppermint candy bits with the cream cheese/powdered sugar. Then, add the powdered sugar/cream cheese mixture to the bowl of heavy whipping cream and mix together on low speed until combined.
- POUR into crust. Top pie with Cool Whip and crushed peppermint.
- CHILL for 1-2 hours or until ready to serve
How to crush peppermint
There are two easy ways to crush peppermint candy or candy canes. The easiest way is to use a food processor. Just place the candy canes into the food processor and pulse it until they are the desired consistency.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can put them in a ziplock bag and hit them with a hammer, mallet or mean tenderizer (use the flat side). Not only will this do the trick, but you can also get some of your stress out while doing it!
How to store Oreo Peppermint Pie
In the unlikely event that you have any OREO Peppermint pie leftover, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to three days as long as you gently cover it in some plastic trap to keep the Cool Whip topping fresh.
Candy cane pie is not something that freezes well, so I’m afraid you’re just going to have to eat the whole thing! If you’re worried that an entire candy cane pie won’t get eaten, you could make smaller, individual-sized pies using the same recipe, but with mini pre-made pie crusts!.
Personally, I love desserts that come in individual portions for a few reasons. They look adorable and uniform! And, they prevent you from falling into the trap of seasonal overindulgence!
Your kids will be sure to love this recipe and I bet you’ll be hard pushed to stop them from helping you out in the kitchen. There’s something that even the tiniest of tots can help out with for this recipe… Even if it’s just tasting some crushed peppermints!
More Great Holiday Desserts
- Candy Cane Christmas Trees
- Christmas Fudge – Only 3 Ingredients!
- Peppermint Bark
- Candy Cane and Chocolate Sleighs
- White Chocolate Oreo Peppermint Bark
- Christmas Chex Mix
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Blossoms
- Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- Melted Snowman Bark
- Peppermint Candy Spoons
- Candy Cane Fudge
Peppermint Pie (Candy Cane Pie)
- 1 Oreo pie crust
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 10 drops red food coloring
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- ½ cup peppermint candy canes or mints crushed
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- Crushed peppermint candy for decoration
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside
- In a medium bowl cream together the powdered sugar and cream cheese.
- Add the food coloring and vanilla and peppermint extract to the cream cheese/powdered sugar bowl and mix until a uniform color.
- Mix in the ½ cup of peppermint candy bits with the cream cheese/powdered sugar.
- Add the powdered sugar/cream cheese mixture to the bowl of heavy whipping cream and mix together on low speed until combined.
- Pour mixture into Oreo crust.
- Top pie with Cool Whip and crushed peppermint. Chill for 1-2 hours or until ready to serve.
This peppermint pie recipe is undoubtedly one of the most showstopping festive desserts I’ve seen to date. If you’re looking for an award-winning seasonal pie, look no further because this is it!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!