Candy canes are not just for sucking on anymore! I had so much fun making these Candy Cane Christmas Trees this past weekend! They are such a cute treat and easy to make gift for the holiday’s! It is unbelievable all of the adorable things that can be done by melting candy canes! It is incredibly fun – just melt them and they become totally moldable and a crafters dream!
Here is what you need:
- Mini Candy Canes
- Starlight Peppermint Candy
- White Chocolate Wafers – I used this kind
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Silicon baking mat (I got mine here and I use it for EVERYTHING) or parchment paper and wax paper
Here is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Lay candy canes in a heart shape on the mat. Place one starlight peppermint candy at the tip end of the “heart”. Cut a mini candy cane to create a “tree stump” and place at the opposite end of the heart (see pictures or video below).
- Place in oven for about 3-5 minutes (please note, all ovens cook differently so you need to watch the candy and as soon as it get a little soft, remove from oven…. you can always put it back in for longer if needed)
- ADULT STEP – As soon as it comes out of the oven (NOTE – BE VERY CAREFULLY because it will be very hot and you could burn yourself!!), shape the tree by straightening the “humps” of the heart into a straight line, press the “points” of the heart together with the peppermint candy and attach and pinch the tree stump to the tree.
- Let cool completely and if you are using parchment paper, transfer to wax paper. If you are using the silicon mat, your can complete the next step on the mat, as well.
- Melt the white chocolate wafers according to the directions on the package. Using a teaspoon, carefully spoon the white chocolate into the center of the tree. Immediately scatter with the sprinkles of your choice.
- Let cool completely and use a spatula to remove from the mat or paper if they are sticking!
Check out some of my other fun crafts and treats using peppermints!!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!