Rotel Dip is a mouth-watering smooth queso dip recipe with ground beef, Rotel, and Velveeta cheese! This cheese dip is the perfect party food to bring to the big game day!
Table of Contents
- What is Rotel Dip
- Why we love Rotel Velveeta Dip
- Rotel Dip Ingredients
- Rotel Cheese Dip Substitutions
- How to Make Rotel Dip
- How to make Rotel Dip in the Crockpot
- Rotel Dip Recipe with Cream Cheese
- How to store Velveeta and Rotel Dip
- Velveeta Rotel Dip FAQs
- More Easy Dips
- More Favorites from Princess Pinky Girl
- Rotel Dip Recipe
What is Rotel Dip
I’m guessing that some of you are wondering what Rotel dip even is.
Rotel dip is a quick and easy recipe very similar to a queso dip or nacho cheese dip, and can be made with just three simple ingredients!
For those of you who don’t know what “Rotel” is- it’s just a can of diced tomatoes packed with a little heat (green chilies)!
Why we love Rotel Velveeta Dip
- Rotel Dip is an easy 3-ingredient appetizer.
- Great for parties and tailgates.
- This dip comes together in under 20 minutes.
- Delicious nacho cheese dip with ground beef and a little bit of a kick.
Rotel Dip Ingredients
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes (10 oz) – Rotel tomatoes are petite diced tomatoes with spices and green chilis.
- 1 box of Velveeta cheese (16 oz) – if you don’t have Velveeta cheese, you can substitute any type of processed cheese)
- Salt and pepper to taste (OPTIONAL)
Rotel Cheese Dip Substitutions
- Meat: Sometimes I make this recipe with ground chicken or ground turkey instead of ground beef. I have also made this into a Rotel sausage dip by using ground hot sausage or spicy sausage.
- Canned Rotel Tomatoes: If you don’t have a can of Rotel on you, you can also substitute a jar of salsa. You won’t get the exact same flavor, but it will be pretty close!
- Spice: If you like a little heat in your dip, I suggest adding some additional green chiles!
- Cheese: You can add an 8-ounce block of cream cheese if you want to make it extra creamy. If you don’t want to use Velveeta cheese, you can use a Mexican blend or cheddar cheese.
How to Make Rotel Dip
- Grab a large pot and get it heated on the stove. Add the ground beef and let it brown on medium heat.
- When that’s done, dump in the whole can of Rotel tomatoes. Stir it up and then add in the Velveeta! I usually cut the Velveeta into chunks first so it melts faster, creating that gorgeous liquid gold queso dip we all know and love. (Cue the drooling!)
- Once the Velveeta is completely melted, your dip is ready!
- Serve warm along with your favorite dipping foods!
- At my house, tortilla chips are always our favorite go-to, but I also make sure to cut up plenty of veggies to serve alongside this dip too (carrots, celery, snap pea pods, etc.) Other favorites include pretzels, crackers, or any flavor of potato chips!
Rotel Dip Recipe with Cream Cheese
If you are not a fan of Velveeta cheese, feel free to swap it out for an 8-ounce bar of cream cheese (use the full-fat version). I would recommend also adding in 1/4 – 1/2 cup cheddar cheese as well.
How to store Velveeta and Rotel Dip
- In Fridge: Cover and store in your fridge for up to a week.
- In Freezer: Store in an airtight container for up to three months.
More Easy Dips
Serve this delicious dip alongside our Sherbet Punch Recipe – also perfect to serve a big crowd!
More Favorites from Princess Pinky Girl
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 10-ounce can Rotel tomatoes 10 oz
- 1 16-ounce box Velveeta cheese 16 oz
- Place the ground beef in a large pot on the stove over medium heat. Brown the beef until no longer pink.
- Cut the Velveeta into chunks (this will help it melt faster)
- Add the whole can of Rotel tomatoes and stir in the Velveeta cheese. Stir frequently until the cheese is completely melted.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve warm along with your favorite dipping foods!
Make your next party a success with this awesome Rotel dip recipe!