Million dollar dip is a must-have dish at any party. A combination of cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, onion, shredded cheddar cheese and bacon, this creamy dip will have your guests coming back for more.
Its creamy texture and cheesy richness make it impossible to resist. Serve with crackers or chips as an appetizer and watch how quickly it disappears!
Table of Contents
5-Minute Million Dollar Dip Recipe
Million Dollar Dip brings the best of your favorite dips together into one decadent and delicious appetizer. This creamy combination of sharp cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic and green onions has been delighting taste buds around the world.
It’s perfect for any occasion – from potluck dinners to game night snacks – and requires minimal ingredients. Plus, It is so insanely simple to make. There are only two steps. You just mix all the ingredients together and serve!
It’s a great dip to make when you’re in a time crunch or simply forgot that you needed to make something. I like to keep all of the ingredients on hand during this time of year, just in case.
So if you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing treat that everyone will love, give this million-dollar dip a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Why We Love Million Dollar Dip
- Only 6 ingredients
- No-bake recipe
- Quick & easy to make – 5-minute recipe
- Always a crowd-pleasing recipe
- Perfect for holiday appetizers, game day snacks, tailgating, and pot-luck dinners
Million Dollar Dip Ingredients
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Crushed garlic
- Cooked bacon
Additions & Substitutions
- Cream cheese and mayonnaise: You can use full fat, or less fat for both the cream cheese and mayonnaise. I haven’t noticed a difference in taste or consistency when using the ⅓ or low fat options. You can also substitute greek yogurt or sour cream for the mayonnaise.
- Shredded cheese: Fresh off the block cheddar cheese works best for this recipe and offers great flavor, but you can also use store-bought packages of shredded cheese as well. You can also use a different flavor from cheddar if you’d like!
- Crushed garlic: If you don’t have any crushed garlic, you can use 1 tbsp of garlic paste instead.
- Bacon bits: This dip can be made with your own bacon that you cook and chop into bits, or feel free to use a store-bought package of pre-cooked bacon bits. I usually keep a package of bacon bits in the pantry because I like them on my salads, so I use those quite often.
- Additional Flavor: Try mixing in part of a packet of dry Ranch salad dressing.
- Topping: Adding slivered almonds or toasted almonds to give a little bit of a nutty finish to top off the dip.
How to Make Million Dollar Dip
- Put cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, crushed garlic, cooked bacon in a large bowl.
Pro-Tip: Save a little bit of bacon and cheese for the top of the dip. You can mix up the amount of the ingredients you add in your dip. If you love bacon, add a bit more! More of a cheese fan? Shred more on the top! You can get creative with it.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- After transferring to a serving bowl, serve immediately with chips, crackers, or your favorite vegetables.
How to Serve Million Dollar Dip
You can serve your dip with any number of things. I usually bring a variety of items to serve with it. Here are some of my go-to options to serve with:
- Chips: this dip goes great with any type of chip, but I especially love it with tortilla chips and plain ruffles potato chips.
- Crackers: Ritz crackers, Triscuits, Club crackers, you name it! You can’t go wrong pairing this dip with any brand crackers.
- Vegetables: If you want to keep it healthier and low-carb, go for fresh veggies. This dip is great with carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, and radishes.
- Pretzels: any pretzels will be fine, regular or pretzel sticks are great. Another delicious option is to serve this with pretzel thins!
How to Store Million Dollar Dip
This dip can be made in advance and stored in the fridge covered in plastic wrap. If you have any leftovers, they should also be covered tightly and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Other Easy Appetizer Recipes
Million Dollar Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese whipped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese freshly shredded cheese off the block works best
- 7 green onions chopped
- 1 cube dorot crushed garlic (or can use 1 tbsp garlic paste)
- 1 cup cooked bacon chopped into small bits (can use Hormel Real Bacon Bits)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and stir well.
- Serve immediately with chips, crackers, or your favorite vegetables.
- Can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap.
- Save a little bit of bacon and cheese for the top of the dip and sprinkle it over the top right before serving.
- You can mix up the amount of the ingredients you add in your dip. If you love bacon, add a bit more! More of a cheese fan? Shred more on the top! You can get creative with it.