Table of Contents
Our Baked Brie appetizer is drizzled with olive oil and fresh rosemary, thyme, basil, and sage. Then baked until melty and delicious, and served with a toasted baguette. It makes the perfect holiday appetizer.
Delicious Baked Brie Appetizer
Our Baked Brie is the perfect appetizer for Thanksgiving, Christmas, game day or just a neighborhood get together.
I am always looking for a delicious new appetizer to serve. Our friends, Steve and Julie, had us over for dinner and they prepared the most amazing meal for us.
While their cooking skills far surpass mine, they made an appetizer with my very favorite thing, brie cheese! OMG let me tell you more about this easy to make Baked Brie Appetizer using fresh herbs.
I’m telling you, it was so good, I dreamt about it – no, seriously I really had a dream about it!!
So when I needed to bring an appetizer to a party the following weekend, they generously provided me with the recipe.
This super easy baked brie appetizer is a HOME RUN! It is great because it takes no time to prepare and your guests will go crazy for it!!!
If you are new to my site, you may not know that I only make super easy recipes. If I can make it, anyone can. If you are looking for other really easy appetizers – like mini corn dog muffin bites or if you are into brie like me – these puffed pastry brie bites are not to be missed! Need some Make-Ahead Appetizers, we have you covered there!
Ingredients To Make Baked Brie
- Brie Cheese
- French Bread
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- Fresh Thyme, Sage, Rosemary & Basil
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to make Baked Brie Appetizer
The key to this appetizer is using a good quality olive oil and fresh herbs. You may be tempted to use dried herbs, but don’t do it! It is worth the effort.
- To make this easy brie cheese appetizer, you are going to slice the brie in half (you will then have 2 thinner round pieces of cheese).
Pro-Tip: I like to make small slices out of the rind so that when the cheese melts, it oozes out into the bread.
- Place them on top of a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Slice the bread and spread them around the cheese, covering the entire pan.
- Then, using a pastry brush, lightly brush the cheese and bread with the olive oil, covering it all with a light layer of olive oil.
- Finely chop all of the fresh herbs and sprinkle over the cheese and bread.
- Bake for about 20 minutes on 275 degrees. Serve immediately.
Useful Kitchen Tools
(these links include affiliate links)
More Easy Appetizers
- Crockpot Nacho Dip
- Totchos – Tatertot Nachos
- Brie Bites
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Baked Crab Dip
- Football Cheese Ball
Baked Brie Appetizer
- 1 Brie cheese
- 1 French bread
- ⅓ cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Fresh sage
- 2 tbsp Fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with either a silicon baking liner or parchment paper. (use a baking sheet with edges so the oil doesn’t run off the side)
- Cut brie in half so you have two round sections (I like to make a few slices in the rind so that the cheese melts out into the bread)
- Place both halves on a cookie sheet cheese side exposed
- Slice french bread into thin slices and spread around the cookie sheet
- Generously brush cheese and bread with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper
- Finely chop all fresh herbs and sprinkle over cheese and bread
- Place in oven and cook for 15-20 or until bread starts to brown and cheese begins to bubble
- Transfer to a platter using a spatula and serve immediately