Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels offers a tantalizing blend of spicy and creamy for the perfect appetizer. These pinwheels are a crowd-pleaser and a breeze to whip up. Perfect for any occasion!
Table of Contents
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Roll-Ups
- What are Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels?
- Why We Love This Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Recipe
- Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups
- Ingredient / Substitutions
- How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Tips for Making the Best Chicken Pinwheel Sandwiches
- How to Serve
- How to Store Leftovers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Roll-Ups
Looking for the perfect appetizer to spice up your next gathering? These Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are a must-try!
This delectable snack combines the fiery kick of buffalo sauce with tender chicken, all wrapped up in a soft tortilla.
It’s a bite-sized flavor explosion that will surely be a hit at any event. Perfect for game day, pot lucks, and great to pack in lunches!
What are Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels?
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels (sometimes called Roll-Ups) are the ultimate appetizer! They are made by mixing together cream cheese, bleu cheese, shredded chicken, and buffalo sauce to create a creamy filling.
The filling is then spread onto soft tortilla shells and rolled up and cut into bite-size pieces.
Why We Love This Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Recipe
- Easy to Make: You can whip up a batch quickly with just a few ingredients and simple steps.
- Versatile: Perfect for parties, picnics, or even a quick snack.
- Crowd-Pleaser: The combination of spicy and creamy flavors will satisfy a wide range of palates.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups
- Rotisserie Chicken – The star of the dish, our chicken is seasoned to perfection and provides a hearty bite.
- Cream cheese – Gives the pinwheels a creamy texture and balances out the heat.
- Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce – Adds that signature spicy kick that Buffalo lovers crave.
- Bleu cheese
- Garlic powder
- Colby jack cheese
- Green onions
- Large flour tortillas (10-inch tortillas) – Soft and pliable, they hold all the ingredients together in a delightful roll.
Ingredient / Substitutions
- Chicken: In this recipe, you could also use chicken breasts instead of rotisserie chicken. Cook over the stovetop on medium heat until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Using two forks, shred the meat while still hot. Allow meat to cook before adding it to the cream cheese mixture.
- Cheese: You can use any cheese in your pinwheels. I love the taste of bleu cheese with buffalo sauce. However, Pepperjack cheese adds a nice spice! You could also use cheddar cheese
- Tortillas – You can also use whole wheat or gluten-free tortillas.
- Spiciness Level – You can easily adjust the heat level by adding more or less buffalo sauce.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce, bleu cheese, salt, garlic powder, colby jack cheese, and green onions using a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add shredded chicken to the buffalo mixture and stir well. The buffalo mixture consistency sould be spreadable when done mixing.
Pro-Tip: Shred the chicken into small pieces for easier rolling.
- Spread about ¾ cup of the buffalo chicken mixture onto a tortilla and roll up tightly.
Pro-Tip: Roll up tightly, trying not to shift the buffalo chicken mixture too much.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-4 hours. (This will help the mixture firm up and set, which will help with making it slice cleaner and keep the buffalo chicken mixture nicely in the pinwheel)
- After chilling, use a sharp knife to slice the tortillas, cleaning the knife between slices for a neat presentation. Serve immediately.
Tips for Making the Best Chicken Pinwheel Sandwiches
- When shredding chicken for this recipe, it is better to shred it into small pieces. Large chunks tend to take up too much space when rolled into the tortilla and may result in a lumpy exterior, not a round shape as desired.
- When slicing the tortillas, clean your knife off between slices. This will result in a better presentation of the appetizer.
How to Serve
Serve these pinwheels with a side of blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping. Pair them with celery sticks or carrot sticks to add a refreshing crunch.
How to Store Leftovers
It’s best if you can serve your Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels immediately. This recipe does not store well because the tortilla shells tend to get a bit soggy.
If you do have leftovers, you should store them in an airtight container for no more than 1-2 days.
Other Easy Appetizer Recipes
Pull-Apart Pigs in a Blanket | Blooming Quesadilla Ring | Buffalo Chicken Dip | Puffy Tacos | Homemade Pizza Pockets | Baked Brie Appetizer | Jalapeño Popper Dip | Pull Apart Christmas Tree Bread | Cranberry Meatballs
Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 5 ounces Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce
- ½ cup bleu cheese crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup green onions chopped
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken meat shredded (about 3 cups)
- 5 large flour tortillas
- In a large mixing bowl add cream cheese, Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce, bleu cheese, salt, garlic powder, colby jack cheese, and green onions. Using a hand mixer with beaters, mix until well blended and no cream cheese chunks remain.8 ounces cream cheese, 5 ounces Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce, ½ cup bleu cheese, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 cup colby jack cheese, ⅓ cup green onions
- Add shredded chicken to buffalo mixture and stir well with a large spoon. Coat all chicken with buffalo mixture.1 Rotisserie Chicken
- Spread about 3⁄4 cup buffalo chicken mixture onto a tortilla. Roll up tightly, trying not to shift the buffalo chicken mixture too much.5 large flour tortillas
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator 2-4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and use a sharp knife to cut into slices. Discard the end pieces.
- Serve immediately.
- Precooked chicken from a regular oven, shredded, is equally suitable for this dish.
- Ensure that all ingredients are chopped to a consistent size to maintain a uniform appearance.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature to prevent lumps in the mixture.
- To prevent unrolling, secure each Buffalo chicken tortilla roll-up with a cocktail stick or toothpick.
- Do not omit the chilling step; chilling the tortillas for a few hours makes slicing much easier.