The award-winning crack dip recipe is loaded with cheesy goodness, bacon bits, corn, and bursting with flavors from ranch seasoning mix! The perfect dip recipe for any party or big game day!
What is Crack Dip
The origins of the notorious crack dip are unknown, but being the Pinterest queen, I’ve seen this recipe making its rounds on there for a while and I just had to try to make my own version!
And believe me, once you try it, you’ll see what all the fuss is about!
If you want some insight into your future addiction, here’s what you need to know: most crack dip recipes have the same basic ingredients including cream cheese, sour cream, ranch flavoring and bacon but there are about a million different ways to make this crazy award-winning dip. Lots of recipes call for other various ingredients including cheese, chicken, or anything to give it some heat such as jalapenos, chilies, or other spices.
I am addicted to this particular recipe I’m sharing with you all today because it really brings out the ranch flavor but still has some heat!
You won’t have to fuss with your stove, oven, or keep it warm in a crockpot because this bad boy is a simple dump and stir deal and served cold, straight from the fridge! It’ll save you on clean up too because you can make your dip right in the container you’re going to serve it in!
This stuff is seriously addictive! Be aware, you’ve been warned!
Why We Love This Ranch Crack Dip Recipe
- This recipe is a Texas flavor-inspired recipe that has all the Southwest flavors I love!
- It’s bursting with smoky flavors and accompanied by a creamy, cheesy texture.
- Super quick to make – the prep time is under 10 minutes.
- No cooking required – just assemble, stir and serve!
- Always a huge hit at parties!
Ingredients / Shopping List
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container of sour cream
- 1 packet of dry ranch dressing
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup of green onions, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can of Rotel, drained
- 1 (5.25 ounce) can of Southwest corn, drained
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Chives, chopped
Now as I said before, there are tons of ways to make this cheesy, delicious dip so if you want to make some substitutions, I say go for it!
For example, if you want this yummy appetizer to have a more even more flavour, add in some of your favorite seasonings! Or if you like your creamy dips with some extra heat, add in some spices or some jalapeno!
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make (Ranch) Crack Dip
This recipe will come together in 3 easy steps…. (or something like that, if more complex, leave this out.) For the steps keep very basic and succinct. Try to start with an action word.
In a large bowl, add the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and dry ranch mix. Stir until well combined.
Add in the shredded Mexican cheese, chopped green onions, Rotel, corn and bacon.
PRO-TIP: If you want to add some heat to the recipe, consider using a medium or hot can of Rotel. We used original here, but the hotter cans of Rotel will give this ranch dip a serious kick!
Stir to combine.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top with chopped chives and serve with tortilla chips.
Variations / Options / Add-In’s
- Spicy: As I mentioned above, you can change up the spice level by using a medium or hot can to Rotel. You can also throw in some jalapeno peppers or a few dashes of hot sauce.
- Hot or Cold: This dip is so versatile. You can change it up by serving it hot too. Just pop it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until it starts to bubble!
This dip can totally be made a day ahead of time! Actually, the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the more flavorful the dip will become. (Yup more flavor and no work!) So, the next time you have a crazy busy schedule leading up to a big party, remember this recipe so you can just take it out of the fridge (or cooler) and have it ready in seconds for hungry party-goers!
What to Serve with (Ranch) Crack Dip
- My favorite go-to dipping food is always tortilla chips! For this recipe, I love how it looks (and tastes) with colored tortilla chips! Plus, it goes so well with the Southwest theme!
- This dip also goes well with any other salty crunchable snacks like potatoes chips, crackers, pretzels, or breadsticks.
- For those of you who want a healthier option, I’d recommend cutting up some crunchy veggies, like celery, carrots, or radishes to go alongside this dip.
The good thing is, this dip is already crazy flavorful so your dipping options are simply just a vehicle to get at the crack!
I’m sure that whatever you serve with this super dip, it’ll be gone before you know it and everyone will be asking for more!
Other Easy Dip Recipes
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 16-ounce container sour cream
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 10 ounce can Rotel drained
- 1 5.25 ounce can can Southwest Corn drained
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- chives, chopped
- In a large bowl, add 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, 16 ounces of sour cream, and dry ranch mix. Stir until well combined.
- Next, add in all remaining ingredients, except for the chives. Stir to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Top with chopped chives and serve with tortilla chips.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!