These are the best Air Fryer French Fries ever! They are super crispy and crunchy homemade fries and use very little oil, which makes them way healthier than traditional fries! They are loaded with garlic and parmesan and ready in under 30 minutes.
Easy Air Fryer French Fries Recipe
This recipe was totally inspired by one of my favorite restaurants in our town. They serve garlic parmesan fries as a side option with their sandwiches. I get them as a side every time we go there because they are so darn good. I knew I had to try to make my own homemade version. I’m happy to report that these air fryer fries are just as good as the restaurant fries and way less fattening!
I already had my trusty Air Fryer French Fries recipe, so it was just a matter of perfecting the garlic parmesan topping. The fries turn out perfect crispy every time and the garlic parmesan mixture is seriously to die for! Time to switch up your classic French fries with this recipe, and once you do, you’ll never go back!
Why We Love These Loaded Air Fryer French Fry Recipe
- No need for the oven to cook
- Quick and easy to make
- A quick weeknight dinner side
- Ready in under 30 minutes (way less time to cook than in the oven)
- Crispy and crunchy French fries
- An easy Air Fryer recipe for beginners
- Easy to make year-round
- A healthier french fry alternative
- Salt & pepper
- Minced garlic
- Parmesan cheese
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make French Fries in the Air Fryer
Air fryers make cooking homemade fries so simple! These will come together in 4 easy steps and just under 20 minutes.
Peel and cut the potato into fries.
PRO-TIP: Consider investing in a mandoline. They make cutting potatoes for french fries so much easier! We also use it for so many other vegetables too!
Mix fries with oil, salt and pepper.
Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 17 minutes at 370. (all air fryers cook a bit differently, cook until you achieve your desired crunchiness!)
Pro-tip: Don’t overfill your air fryer. This is a common mistake and it will keep the fries from cooking evenly and getting nice and crispy! I recommend tossing the fries mid-way through cooking. Just pull the bowl of the air fryer out and give them a toss with a spatula! This helps them cook more evenly.
Top cooked fries with garlic and parmesan cheese.
Pro tip: If you are having trouble coating the fries with the garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese, lightly spritz the fries with a little cooking spray or oil so that they will stick to the fries.
Variations / Options / Add-ins
- DIPPING SAUCE: I love serving these fries with dipping sauce. I’m a total Ranch girl when it comes to dipping my fries. But, these garlic parmesan fries are especially delicious served with aioli!
- GARLIC: You can use minced garlic or garlic salt to achieve the garlic flavor in your fries! You can leave garlic off some of the fries if you have people who aren’t fans.
- PARMESAN: Grated or shredded parmesan cheese will work for this recipe. This is really more of a preference thing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store leftover fries in a sealed container in the fridge. When reheating, simply pop the fries back in the air fryer for a few minutes, until they are heated through. This will keep them nice and crispy!
If you are new to the Air Fryer world, I’ve got you covered. I answer all the questions, like how to use an Air Fryer, what you can cook in an Air Fryer, and even the best Air Fryers on the market. Make sure to check out my post How to Use An Air Fryer and Great Air Fryer Recipes for all the details.
These fries are a great side with anything off the grill. It saves you from turning on the oven, making for the perfect combo during the hot summer months! I especially like to serve air fryer garlic parmesan fries with burgers, grilled salmon, steak, or grilled chicken.
Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries
- 3 large potato
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tbsp parsley
- ⅔ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Peel and cut potato into desired size fries.
- Place fries in mixing bowl and pour oil over (start with 2 tablespoons and add a third if needed). Add salt and pepper and mix until fries coated thoroughly.
- Place fries in air fryer basket and cook for 17-20 minutes at 370 degrees. Shake fries halfway.
- Remove fries. Top with garlic and parmesan cheese and serve garnished with parsley.
- Don’t overfill your air fryer. This is a common mistake and it will keep the fries from cooking evenly and getting nice and crispy!
- Layer the cut potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer (not stacked), and work in batches if using multiple potatoes.
- I recommend tossing the fries mid-way through cooking. Just pull the bowl of the air fryer out and give them a toss with a spatula! This helps them cook more evenly.
- If you are having trouble coating the fries with the garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese, lightly spritz the fries with a little cooking spray or oil so that they will stick to the fries.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!