These Christmas Sugar Cookie Blossoms will rock your world!
Here is what you need:
- 10 tbs butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- Hershey kisses
Here is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a couple of cookie sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder and that dash of salt (set aside).
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until soft – (a couple of minutes on medium/high speed should do the trick.)
- Add in the yolks one at a time, mixing it thoroughly each time.
- Next, add the lemon extract and zest and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until well combined. If the dough is a bit sticky to the fingers, chill for 30 minutes to an hour in the refrigerator.
- Roll the dough into 1/2 inch balls (I used a cookie scooper) and then roll in your favorite sprinkles.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the bottom is very slightly turning golden brown. Keep an eye on the cookies, so don’t want to over bake them! They still need to be soft to the touch, when you remove them from the oven.
- Allow them to cool for a couple of minutes before adding the kisses. Gently press the Hershey Kiss in the center of the cookie and immediately put the pan in the fridge, so the chocolate doesn’t melt over the cookies. Keep them in the fridge until the cookies are completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!