I love these Cake Mix Cookies, because they just take 3 ingredients and 15 minutes! The easiest cookie recipe you will ever make. So Easy AND delicious …who knew how amazing this cake mix hack could be!
3 Ingredient Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
Refrigerated cookie dough that you buy at the grocery store might be easier, but I found the second easiest “homemade cookies!” These are so much better than the store bought dough!
Did you know that you could make cookies from a box of cake mix? Because of how easy and delicious these are, Cake Mix Cookies are my new go-to quick cookie fix!
They are beyond simple to make, because all you need is three ingredients and 15 minutes!
Does this scenario sound familiar? It is 9 o’clock on a Thursday night and your child is heading up to bed, then casually mentions that, by the way, they need something for the school bake sale tomorrow!! Well, you could run out to the store, buy some store made cookies and throw them on a paper plate (I may have done this before, but I don’t recommend it).
Or… you can hack your way to some quick and easy homemade cookies!
There are so many great things to make with this easy cake mix cookie recipe! One of our all-time favorites is our Halloween Spider Cookies. If you are looking for other great Cake Mix Hacks, then look no further – we’ve got so many!
What do you need to make cake mix cookies?
All you need are 3 ingredients! Also, they are so common you probably have them in your pantry. However, if you don’t keep cake mix on hand, you should really start. I always keep a box of yellow, or white cake mix just in case of a cake or cookie emergency.
- Cake mix – You will need 1 box and can use any flavor and brand that you like
- Oil – We used 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Eggs – 2 large eggs
Options and Add-ins
- Cake mix options – we typically use a regular white cake mix or yellow cake mix. But feel free to shake it up. Red velvet is super fun, chocolate cake mix is delicious too! Get creative here – they will all work!
- Food coloring – you can also get creative by using food gel or coloring. Split the batter in half and make some one color and some the other (or try tie-dye too!!
- Add-Ins- Sprinkles or M&M’s …. cause why not!! You can really add in any type of candy or topping! Have fun with them!
Wanna change them up – try our Cake Mix Peppermint Patty Cookies! You guessed it, they are stuffed with a York Peppermint Patty!
How to Make Cake Mix Cookies
- MIX all ingredients together.
- SCOOP balls of cookie dough on cookie sheet. (PRO-TIP: if the dough is too sticky, just put it in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes)
- BAKE on 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Top off the cookies with this homemade royal icing recipe! It is our favorite!
I know – what extras, right!! If by chance you have extra cookies, these cookies freeze amazing. Just be sure to let them cool down first
More quick and easy dessert recipes
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Chocolate Pistachio Cake
- Meringue Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Macaroons
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Cookie Monster Donuts
- Melted Snowman Chocolate Bark
- Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake
- Earthquake Cake
Want to take your cake mix cookies to the next level? Try our Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, also made using cake mix!
Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 15 ounce box Cake mix
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all of the ingredients together
- Place balls of dough on a cookie sheet
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies start to get golden brown
Originally published September 29, 2015
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!