Table of Contents
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars only have 4 ingredients and are thick and buttery and melt in your mouth delicious. So easy to throw together for an after-school snack, potluck, bake sale or your next party!
We love anything and everything chocolate or chocolate chip in this house! Have you seen our simple Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites or our Edible Cookie Dough? They’re to die for and only require two ingredients too! Those simple recipes are my favorite!
Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
There is just something about chocolate chip cookie bars that bring you back to your childhood and make you feel warm and cozy all over. There’s nothing like a warm chocolate chip cookie and a tall glass of milk to put a smile on your face and a happy feeling in your heart.
This recipe is one of those, it’s going to bring back all the feels from being at Grandma’s house and having those delicious treats that brighten your day.
Hey, everyone! It’s Chrissy from The Taylor House and I’m so excited to share this amazing and simple recipe with you that absolutely anyone can make!
What I love most about this recipe is that it is literally four ingredients that you can pick up anywhere and probably already have in your pantry.
Hacks are one of Jenn from Princess Pinky Girls favorite things! I had no idea all of the great desserts you could make that starts out with just a box of cake mix! Got a box of cake mix in your house? Just grab it and check out these Boxed Cake Mix Hacks that Jenn pulled together!
Cake Mix cookies and bars are the absolute easiest because it cuts out multiple ingredients and a ton of measuring! There’s just nothing easier to make and they always turn out delicious! I’m telling you… my family loved them!
All you need are four simple ingredients!
- Cake Mix
- Two eggs
- Chocolate chips!
How to Make Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan with either butter or cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the yellow cake mix (any brand works), 5 tablespoons of melted butter and two eggs
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (the edges should get slightly golden brown)
- You can use any brand of cake mix for this cake mix hack! I typically use Pillsbury but any brand works.
- I’ve used white cake mixes and chocolate cake mix for these bars and they both turn out really well but my favorite is definitely the yellow cake mix.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to quickly mix everything together but be sure to use a wooden spoon to mix in the chocolate chips.
- If you’re going to eat these warm out of the oven, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! It’s amazing!
- These bars keep really well but be sure to keep them covered or in an airtight container. By day 4 I did notice they were getting a little dry though.
Other Great Cookie Recipes
- Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies – better than the bakery!
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Easy Meringue Cookies – a great low-calorie treat
- Copycat Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites – 2 ingredients/15 minutes to make!
- Sugar Cookie Bars – Popular Recipe!
- Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – JUMBO!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix
- 5 tablespoons Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 12 ounces Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the Yellow Cake Mix (any brand works), 5 TBSP Melted Butter and two eggs
- Stir in the Chocolate Chips
- Spread the batter into a greased 9 x 13 cake pan
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean