Our easy Vanilla Ice Cream is a creamiest and easiest recipe and only has 4 ingredients! This yummy treat is loved by all and is simply the best ice cream recipe out there and it is no-churn!
This homemade vanilla ice cream is great as is or the perfect base for other great mix-in flavors!
No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
If there was one snack that I absolutely can’t turn down, it would have to be ice cream. I am a sucker when it comes to that creamy delicious dessert. I try not to have it in the freezer at home, or I know it’s only a matter of time before it’s gone.
We love making our own ice cream at home! It is a fun family project with a delicious treat at the end!
This recipe is a total game-changer when it comes to homemade ice cream at home. It is quick, easy, and better than any ice cream shop!
You only need five ingredients and best of all, you can add in your favorite flavors to make it a little different each time.
This vanilla no churn ice cream recipe is awesome. It’s an easy way to make ice cream without a machine. You and your family will love this delicious treat.
What is No Churn Ice Cream?
Typically, when making ice cream from scratch, you will need to use an ice cream maker and that usually entails the step of “churning” the ice cream.
No churn ice cream means no ice cream maker and as you could guess, no churning. It saves many steps and makes it super easy to make homemade ice cream with a lot less steps and appliances.
To make the magical no churn ice cream you really only need two staple ingredients.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Heavy whipping cream.
Then you add in your flavors and toppings and you’ve got the simplest and most delicious homemade ice cream ever!
- 1 14-oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (for a more intense vanilla flavor use a 1 vanilla bean pod
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, chilled
If using a vanilla bean pod, you will want to open it up and scoop out the vanilla bean paste with a small spoon. This will provide a richer and more intense vanilla flavor.
Substitutions and Mix-Ins
You can add a variety of mix-in combinations to this ice cream recipe before placing it in the freezer. Here are a few of our favorites:
Strawberry Brownie: Brownie chunks cut into small pieces and strawberries cut up into small pieces. Gently fold batter and then pour into the pan and freeze.
Caramel Cashew: Hershey Caramel Sauce (in the glass container, not plastic squeeze bottle) and chopped cashews. Gently fold cashews into batter and then run ribbons of caramel throughout the batter. Pour into the pan and freeze.
Caramel Caribou: Hershey Chocolate Bar cut into small pieces and Hershey Caramel Sauce (in the glass container, not plastic squeeze bottle).
Moose Tracks: Peanut Butter Cups cut into small pieces and Hershey Fudge Sauce. Gently fold peanut butter cups into batter and then run ribbons of fudge sauce throughout the batter. Pour into the pan and freeze.
Cookie Dough: Use our Edible Cookie Dough recipe to make tiny cookie dough balls that you can freeze and mix in to the ice cream and make homemade cookie dough ice cream!
M&Ms: I don’t know why, but M&Ms are my absolute favorite mix in! I love to crush them up and incorporate them in to the vanilla ice cream.
Chocolate Chip Coconut: This was our latest and best ever ice cream recipe! We toasted the coconut for just a few minutes, chopped up milk chocolate and mixed it in. It tasted just like a Mounds candy bar – only better!
How Do You Make Ice Cream? (No Ice Cream Machine Needed!)
- Mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and salt.
- In a chilled bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the condensed milk mixture until no streaks remain.
- Spread into loaf pan.
- Freeze until set (at least 5 hours)
How to Store Homemade Ice Cream
Be sure to store your ice cream in the freezer wrapped with plastic or with an airtight lid on top!
When ready to serve, take it out about 5 minutes before you plan to scoop it, to give it a bit of time to thaw.
This will make it much easier to scoop out. Place back in the freezer immediately after serving.
The texture may change if the ice cream is taken out and put back in the freezer too many times.
More Easy Ice Cream Recipes
Vanilla Ice Cream – No Churn Recipe
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste – see below
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- Place a large mixing bowl, and a loaf pan in the freezer 30 minutes prior to making this recipe.
- In a separate medium bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Remove the large bowl from the freezer and add the chilled heavy whipping cream. Use an electric hand mixer or standing mixer on high speed to beat together until stiff peaks form.
- Once cup at a time, add whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Carefully fold together with a rubber spatula until no streaks remain.
- Pour into loaf pan. Spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Cover with foil and place in the freezer.
- After 2 hours of freezing add any additional mix in ingredients and swirl with a knife. Cover and return to the freezer for an additional 3 hours, or until set.
- Remove ice cream 5 minutes prior to serving to allow it to soften slightly.
- You can also make this using a real vanilla bean pod. Just take 1 vanilla bean pod, opened up and vanilla bean paste scooped out with a small spoon, and decrease vanilla extract to just 1 tsp. Add at the same time you add vanilla extract in the recipe.
- For easier cleanup, line the loaf pan with parchment paper
- You can add a variety of mix-in combinations – see mix-in suggestions above in post!
Who doesn’t love ice cream? It’s simply the best! This no churn vanilla ice cream recipe is the easiest way to make ice cream without a machine. By adding different toppings, you’ll have a new flavor of ice cream each time you make it. Get ready to scream for this ice cream!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!