Edible cookie dough is easy to make and delicious to eat. Raw cookie dough is the best, but raw egg isn’t. This edible cookie dough recipe is eggless so you can eat it by the spoonful with no worries!
Over here at Princess Pinky Girl, we love quick and easy no bake desserts and this one takes the cake (or the cookie)! Have you tried our No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars, or our super easy No Bake Ice Cream Sandwich Cake (a family favorite)?
Let’s be honest, when you make cookies, you love to sneak as taste, or two, or twelve to “test” the batter out. Problem is, it isn’t safe to consume raw egg. So, what can you do?
Well, that’s why, I am obsessed with this easy to make Edible Cookie Dough Recipe! Even better…it takes less than 15 minutes to make!
Whisper voice….want to take it a step further… over the top even? Try this Deep Fried Cookie Dough recipe – it is off the hook!
How to make Raw Cookie Dough safe to eat
There are a few things your need to do to make your raw cookie dough safe to eat. First and foremost, you need a recipe without eggs. Eating raw eggs can bring on the dreaded salmonella and nobody has time for that!
BUT, what a lot of raw cookie dough recipes forget is that the flour can also cause issues. Uncooked flour can cause E. coli, which can also make you sick. This edible cookie dough recipe takes that into account.
How to make flour safe in raw cookie dough
Not to worry, there is an easy fix to this issue. You just need to toast the flour first. Sure this adds a few minutes on to the recipe, but better safe than sorry.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place a silicon baking mat or parchment paper on a baking pan.
- Spread the flour on the pan and then bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool.
Where to get edible cookie dough
Cookie dough food trucks, cafes and shops are popping up all over the world! Did you know that you can even buy edible cookie dough at the grocery now too?
You can even get edible cookie dough right here on Amazon, but why spend money on it when you can make an entire batch to enjoy right here, right now!
I don’t know exactly what it is about the raw dough that I love so much. I almost like it better than the baked cookies them self! That’s why this edible dough is so great.
My edible cookie dough creation
Honestly, you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry! So if you are ready to enjoy your very own, homemade Edible Cookie Dough, I have you covered.
Last week, my sister, Julie and I went and taught a kids cooking class at a local overnight camp. We have always been huge campers so it was fun to go wander around our old stomping grounds and play in the kitchen.
Not to mention, Julie and I love to create together. She is an amazing baker so I am proud to say that I’m totally stealing this recipe from her! However, I am sure she is more than happy to share this edible cookie dough with my Princess Pinky Girl audience!
The kids had such a blast making this edible cookie dough recipe! We had kids ranging in age from 7-15 and they all could make it with very little help! The recipe is super easy and quick. So, you can literally make up a batch in less than 15 minutes.
You can then leave this edible cookie dough in your refrigerator for a few days – if it will even last a few days. Just be sure to keep it covered (and hidden from your family). Now, you can have a quick raw cookie dough fix whenever you like!
How to Make Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- chocolate chips
- Toast the flour (see how to cook your flour to make it safe to eat above)
- Then, start by putting the butter, sugars, vanilla and milk in a large bowl.
- Next, mix those ingredients together. You may need to mash the butter down with a fork or a spoon so it will blend.
- Then, add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips so they get evenly dispersed.
- If the batter is sticky, then place in the refrigerator for a few minutes
- Serve and enjoy your edible cookie dough!
See the printable How to Make Edible Cookie Dough recipe below!
Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups flour
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Place a silicon baking mat or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Spread your flour on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes (this will kill any bacteria and make the flour safe for consuming “raw”)
- Mix together the butter, sugars, vanilla and milk in a large bowl.
- You may need to mash the butter down with a fork or a spoon.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (or any other toppings i.e. sprinkles, marshmallows, Oreo Cookies)
- If the batter is sticky, place in the refrigerator for a few minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for some other great super easy desserts? Then check out some of our Princess Pinky Girl favorite Dessert Recipes:
No Bake Ice Cream Cake is a great alternative to edible cookie dough to make with the kids! They will love making it and love eating it even more! Plus, it is the most amazing party dessert! Everyone loves it!
These Reese’s Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Bites have totally saved me in a pinch! I seriously threw this one together in an instant and it is so good! I always keep some frozen cookie dough in my freezer just in case I need it in a pinch! Just let it thaw within minutes, then start with that super simple recipe. It’s almost as easy as edible cookie dough!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!