These Monster Cookie Dough Bars take edible cookie dough, chocolate chips, and M&M’s and combines them into a delicious monster of a cookie bar treat! The perfect no-bake dessert that you will love sinking your teeth into!
No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars
Looking for the ultimate chocolate chip cookie dessert that requires no baking and cures any sweet tooth? You might think that this sounds too good to be true, but I assure you it’s not. These no-bake cookie dough bars check all the boxes.
These bars are so simple to make and they taste like you are scooping some of your cookie dough batter and eating it right off the spoon – but in a delicious bar! The gooey chocolate chip cookie dough mixed with crunchy M&Ms is the perfect combination between chocolate chip cookie dough and monster cookies. This dessert will have you coming back for more!
Why We Love This Cookie Dough Bar Recipe
- Easy no-bake dessert recipe
- Safe way to eat raw cookie dough!
- Prepped in 20 minutes
- All-purpose flour
- Salted butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated white sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
- Caramel syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Old-fashioned oats
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mini M&Ms, divided in half
- Half & half
CSEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make Monster Cookie Dough Bars
It will only take about 20 minutes from start to finish to make your Monster Cookie Dough Bars. Just mix them up, chill and enjoy!
- Spread flour onto a sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
PRO-TIP: This is a super important step so that it is safe to eat the raw cookie dough. Baking the flour for just a few minutes will kill any bacterial to make sure it is safe to eat. Bonus – it also will give the flour a lightly nutty flavor which is just delicious in this cookie dough bar recipe!
Mix together butter, brown and white sugars until well combined. Add in the peanut butter, caramel, vanilla, and salt.
- Gradually add all-purpose flour to the mix.
- Fold in old-fashioned oats, chocolate chips, and mini M&Ms.
- Pour dough into a baking pan and press to the bottom.
- Melt together chocolate chips and half & half in the microwave. Spread chocolate topping over the dough.
Pro-tip: To melt the chocolate topping, you can simply microwave the mixture. I’ve found it works best to microwave in increments of 15 seconds, stirring between each session to make sure it doesn’t burn. It should take about 4-6 increments of 15 seconds until it is completely melted and mixed.
- Spread it over the dough immediately, as it’s much easier when it’s warm.
- Sprinkle remaining M&Ms on top. Chill for 1-2 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store these bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. When ready to serve, set out to warm to room temperature and enjoy. These are also great to freeze for up to 3 months.
Raw flour is not safe to eat, so for these no-bake bars, make sure you pre-cook the flour. You can do this by heating the flour in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for five minutes. You can also cook the flour in the microwave for one minute before using, in order to kill any harmful bacteria that may have accumulated. The flour will then be safe to use for any no-bake cookie dough recipe. The flour shouldn’t change color or cook for too long or it can become toasted and change the flavor of your cookie dough bars. Cook it until it just reaches 160 degrees and no more than that.
Other Easy No-Bake Recipe
Monster Cookie Dough Bars
Cookie Dough Bars:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup caramel syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups mini M&Ms divided in half
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup half and half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spread the flour onto the sheet pan and bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until the flour reaches 160 degrees F.
- Using a mixer, beat the salted butter, brown sugar, and granulated white sugar until combined, or 2-3 minutes. Beat in the peanut butter, caramel syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. It should take 1-2 minutes to mix them completely.
- Add the all-purpose flour into the mixer.
- Start the mixer on the lowest speed so the flour doesn’t spill out and gradually increase the speed. Beat until combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Fold in the old-fashioned oats, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and ¾ cup of mini M&Ms.
- Pour the dough into the baking pan and press to form to the bottom of the pan.
- For the chocolate topping, microwave the semi-sweet chocolate chips and half and half together in a microwavable bowl. Microwave in increments of 15 seconds, stirring between each session to make sure it doesn’t burn. It should take about 4-6 increments of 15 seconds until it is completely melted and mixed.
- Pour the chocolate topping over the dough in the baking pan so that it spreads over the whole area. Spread with a knife if necessary. This is much easier done when it’s still warm. Sprinkle with remaining ¾ cup mini M&Ms.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until completely set. Cut into bars and then enjoy.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!