Table of Contents
Have I told you all about Serene from House of Yumm? Serene is a super talented woman with amazing things to share! Her recipes are to-die-for! I am the luckiest person ever because Serene guest posts for me once a month and I have to tell you, I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next!! If you haven’t visited her site yet, be sure to do so – there are some of her other amazing recipes at the end of this post – check them out!!
This Cookie Dough Milkshake is healthy, dairy free and scrumptious. The perfect guilt free summer dessert.
Hey there Princess Pinky Girl readers, Serene from House of Yumm back with you to share another sweet treat. I love simple recipes. The fewer ingredients, the better! And when those ingredients are all healthy and still combine to taste like a decadent dessert I’m on cloud 9. Summer is definitely the time for chill desserts, meaning no bake and frozen. This Cookie Dough Milkshake has all of that!
This shake is probably so much easier than you are currently imagining it to be. To make it healthy I opted for frozen banana instead of ice cream. Trust me. After you have tried the frozen banana thing in place of ice cream you will hear angels sing and your world will be opened up to amazing new possibilities. It’s simple really. Cut up a ripe banana (the riper the banana, the creamier it will be) toss it into a resealable bag and let it freeze for at least 3 hours. Overnight is best. Once frozen toss it into a blender or food processor and turn it on. Simple as that! To make it more shake-like I added some almond milk. At this point you could add in whatever additions you desire to jazz it up. I added in some dairy free mini chocolate chips I had on hand, plus some Skinny Cookie Dough Bites After you mix it all together, it’s as quick as grabbing a straw or a spoon, and digging in. Enjoy!
Cookie Dough Milkshake
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup Almond Milk or milk of choice
- 1 tbsp mini chocolate chips I used dairy free
- 2-3 Skinny Cookie Dough Bites See recipe linked below
- Chop ripe banana into chunks and place into a resealable bag. Place into freezer for at least 3 hours until frozen.
- Add frozen banana into food processor or blender and mix until banana has become a thick creamy consistency.
- Pour in the milk and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed up skinny cookie dough bites.
- Top with extra skinny cookie dough bites as desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Skinny cookie dough milkshakes?! I’m in! 🙂 Sounds delicious, and I love the frozen banana ice cream thing. I do it all the time!
It looks very delicious and healthy. Thank you for sharing.
This looks so good! What a great way to enjoy a treat while avoiding food sensitivities!
Thanks for sharing! How far ahead of time can I make it?