Looking to satisfy the ultimate sweet tooth? This creamy, delicious, chocolate chip cookie dough dip is just what you need! Made with chocolate chips, cream cheese and no eggs, no-bake, quick and easy makes for the perfect dessert dip!
Why We Love this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- This cookie dough dip is the ultimate cookie batter dessert. It’s delicious, safe to eat (no raw eggs), and gives you the same flavors that you love about licking the spoon clean! This dip tastes just like raw cookie dough.
- There are a lot of versions of cookie dough dip out there, but there is a secret ingredient in ours that makes it super creamy. We make our cookie dough dip with cream cheese! The cream cheese makes it rich, smooth and incredibly creamy!
- If you want an edible cookie dough without cream cheese, we have another recipe you might like too, but it isn’t as “dippy”, it is more similar to the consistency of traditional edible cookie dough!
- This dip is not only delicious, but the best part is that it’s insanely easy to put together, and it can be served with such a wide variety of items.
- Serve with graham crackers, pretzles or vanilla wafers.
We love our dips, but especially our sweet dessert dips! When looking for yummy dessert recipes, you can’t go wrong with our Cookie Dough Dip, but you should also try out our Banana Cream Pie Dip and our delicious Brownie Batter Dip (Oh wait… and our Funfetti Dip too!)
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for your cookie dough dip. I typically have these ingredients on hand at home, so when I plan to make this dip, I don’t even need to make a trip to the grocery store!
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip Recipe
This recipe is so simple to whip up. It only takes 5 minutes and you have yourself a delicious taste like cookie dough batter dip to pair with a wide variety of items.
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla and salt using a hand mixer or stand mixer.
Pro-Tip: Make sure that your cream cheese and butter are very soft before mixing for a super smooth and creamy dip.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar and the mini chocolate chips. Gently stir in the mini chocolate chips with a spatula until combined.
Pro-Tip: The mini chocolate chips work best for this dip. I find that the standard size chips are just too big when you are trying to dip.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator prior to serving.
- Serve at room temperature!
This dip can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator, in a covered container, if made ahead. If you do put it into the refrigerator for longer than 30 minutes, you may need to let it sit on the counter at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to warm up a little prior to serving. You will need to give it a stir also. This cookie dough dip can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
What to Serve with Cookie Dough Dip
What not to serve with cookie dough dip is more the question? I mean, I think it could make just about anything better! However, there are some favorites that I use when serving the dip:
- Pretzels and graham crackers
- Nilla wafers
- Animal crackers
- Let’s not forget, you can even choose to just eat this by the spoonful, it’s that delicious!
Yes! I make this in advance quite often. The important thing to keep in mind if you choose to make it in advance is that you will need to store it in the fridge to keep it good. Since you’ll be keeping it in the fridge, it will harden up quite a bit. You’ll want to remove it from the fridge in advance of serving it so that it can thaw out just a bit. If you serve it straight out of the fridge, it will be a bit hard and not ideal for dipping! Giving it about 10-15 minutes to thaw out will bring it back to its original creamy consistency.
This is a definite yes. Leaving this dip out of the fridge for too long can cause it to melt a bit and get an unfortunate consistency. So, between servings, it’s best to keep it stored in the fridge. But, as mentioned above, make sure to take it out of the fridge about 10-15 minutes before you plan to serve it so that it can thaw out to a creamier consistency that’s more ideal for dipping.
Absolutely. We love to mix in mini M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, mini peanut butter cups (the ones that you get at Trader Joe’s are perfect for this dip)!
I do not recommend freezing this dip. The consistency just doesn’t come out right after defrosting.
More No-Bake Desserts
- Chocolate Lasagna
- Oreo Pie
- Easy Ice Cream Cake
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Banana Split Cake
- No-Bake Eclair Cake
- Lemon Icebox Cake
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Monster Cookie Energy Balls
- Cookie Dough Bites
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl, with a handheld mixer on low speed, cream together the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar and the mini chocolate chips. Gently stir with a spatula until combined and the powdered sugar is completely incorporated.
- Cover your bowl with plastic wrap and chill the cookie dough dip for 30 minutes in the refrigerator prior to serving.
- This dip can be served with mini pretzels, graham crackers, vanilla wafers and even fresh fruit pieces.
- Make sure that your cream cheese and butter are very soft before mixing for a super smooth and creamy dip.
- The mini chocolate chips work best for this dip. I find that the standard size chips are just too big when you are trying to dip.
Nutrition information is an estimate. Please utilize your own brand information to double check against our estimates.
I love to bring this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip out as a snack or bring it as a dish to pass at a gathering. With the wide variety of possible pairings, it’s something that everyone can enjoy! I’m willing to bet, there won’t be too much leftover!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!