These No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars can be made in just minutes and are the perfect quick breakfast or afternoon snack. Only 5-ingredients including creamy peanut butter, honey, vanilla, oats and chocolate chips!
Healthy and delicious and only takes 15 minutes to make!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
I am obsessed with our No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars! They are the perfect grab and go snack when I am running to the school carpool line and need something quick to eat to get me through until dinner!
My kids like them better than the store bought granola bars!
I like to say these are a “healthier” snack option. They still have some calories, but it is a better option than many of the alternatives out there. You just need to portion them properly!
If you want to make them even healthier you can always use all-natural/organic ingredients.
That’s why these No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars were perfect for me – they are SO easy to make!
You only need 5 ingredients and a few minutes together whip this healthy treat that your family will love! Such a great recipe!
A Great After-School Snack
What’s really great is that you can cut them up and wrap them in plastic wrap and keep them in the freezer for a ready to throw in the lunchbox treat or a quick afternoon snack!
I will also grab on and throw it in my handbag and eat it while I am waiting in a carpool line – which is basically always!!
They are also great for a grab and go after school snack or even a quick on-the-run breakfast! Your family will love this healthy snack!
Love chocolate and peanut butter? Try our Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies for a not so healthy treat!
- Peanut Butter
- Old fashioned oats
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
Optional Add-Ins for Oatmeal Bars:
Don’t get me wrong…I think they are PERFECT as is, BUT, if you want to “enhance” your oatmeal bars consider some of these yummy add ins:
- Sunflower Seeds
- Chopped peanuts
- Cinnamon Chips
How to make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
They are really super easy to make!
- In a medium saucepan mix peanut butter and honey together over medium heat until melted. Stir in the vanilla.
- Remove from the heat and while it is hot, mix in the oatmeal. Stir until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour into a well-greased baking pan. For thicker bars, use 8×8 for thinner bars use 9×13.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Slice and enjoy! To store them, make sure to place parchment paper between the bars so they don’t stick!
How to Cut and Store
So if you watch the video, you will see I only cut the bars them into 9 bars. When I make them for my family, I usually cut them MUCH smaller. I typically get between 16-20 smaller bites.
They are really filling, and if you make them too large, you will not be able to eat the whole thing. (this also helps with portion control!)
What I like to do is after I cut them, I will wrap them individually in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer. When you are ready to eat one, you can take it out a few minutes before you are ready to eat it and let it soften on the counter or eat it right from the freezer. I actually love them straight from the freezer!
More great No-Bake Dessert Recipes!
- No-Bake Chocolate Eclair Cake
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Tiger Butter
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Funfetti Dip
- Brownie Batter Dip
- Ice Cream Layer Cake
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
- No-Bake Truffles
- Energy Bites
No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup Chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan, mix peanut butter and honey over medium heat until melted (stir constantly).
- Stir in vanilla.
- Remove from heat. While hot, mix in oatmeal until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour into well greased 8×8 baking dish and distribute evenly.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top
- Place in refrigerator until it firms up.
- Slice and enjoy!
Post updated – Originally posted January 27, 2016
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!