Our Easy No-Bake Eclair Cake is a sure thing crowd pleaser and can be assembled in no time at all! Layers of cinnamon graham crackers, french vanilla pudding, cool whip and topped with dark chocolate frosting!
This will soon be your most requested dessert ever! (Sorry for all of the party invites!)
Table of Contents
- No Bake Eclair Cake
- Chocolate Eclair Cake Ingredients
- How to Make No Bake Chocolate Eclair Cake
- How to Store Chocolate Eclair Cake
- How long does Eclair Cake take to set up after making?
- Can I substitute the Cool Whip for homemade whipped cream?
- Does Chocolate Eclair Cake freeze well?
- Eclair Cake Recipe Variations
- MORE NO-BAKE DESSERTS:
- Eclair Cake Recipe Recipe
No Bake Eclair Cake
It is so nice to have one of those quick and easy staple desserts that you can always have the ingredients around just in case you need to make a dessert – well this Eclair Cake is just that dessert.
This no-bake dessert is a sure thing crowd please and for my sake, it is more of an “assemble” rather than a cook!
Have you ever been in a dessert bind? You know, when you remember the night before that you are supposed to bring a dessert to the party you are going to the next day?
Well…. not to worry, this delicious eclair cake will only take you about 15 minutes to make and all you need to do is let it refrigerate for at least 8 hours (6 hours if you are in a real time crunch).
I usually make it the night before I need it. Eclair cake is a great make-ahead dessert too because it requires no baking. You just let it sit overnight and pull it out right before you are ready to serve it.
Looking for something super decadent and chocolatey? Check out our Melting Chocolate Cake – it literally melts in your mouth!
Chocolate Eclair Cake Ingredients
- Cinnamon graham crackers
- French vanilla instant pudding
- Cool Whip
- Dark chocolate frosting
How to Make No Bake Chocolate Eclair Cake
It couldn’t be any easier to make this no-bake dessert.
- MIX pudding, milk, and cool whip.
- LAYER graham crackers and the pudding mixture (3 layers graham crackers, 2 layers pudding mixture).
- TOP with chocolate frosting to make a delicious chocolate glaze on top!
- CHILL in the refrigerator for 8-24 hours.
How to Store Chocolate Eclair Cake
Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How long does Eclair Cake take to set up after making?
I recommend letting your eclair cake set in the refrigerator overnight or 12 hours, however, if you are pressed for time, a minimum of 8 hours. This will help properly soften the graham crackers.
Can I substitute the Cool Whip for homemade whipped cream?
Yes, you can substitute Cool Whip for homemade whipped cream.
Does Chocolate Eclair Cake freeze well?
Yes, you can freeze for up to 2 months. Just be sure to wrap it up well before freezing.
Eclair Cake Recipe Variations
We have made this recipe in many different ways. Try some of these other variations!
- While I think french vanilla pudding is the best, wanna get a little crazy? Try some chocolate pudding or banana pudding! Both are delicious alternatives!
- Feel free to mix in something fun into the pudding mixture! We love mini chocolate chips, crushed M & M’s, Health Bar, Butterfingers. Honestly, any candy or sprinkles can really bring this to a whole new level!
- Top it off! Add some whipped cream, shaved chocolate sprinkles or even drizzle some caramel on top. You really cannot go wrong!
- Try using chocolate graham crackers instead of the cinnamon sugar graham crackers! You can go super chocolate eclair with chocolate graham crackers and chocolate pudding. I like to call that Death by Chocolate Eclair Cake (hmmmmm…. coming soon to a blog near you!)
Chocolate Lasagna Recipe | Eclair Cake | No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls | Edible Cookie Dough Recipe | Oreo Cream Pie | Funfetti Dip | No-Bake Oreo Dessert | Watergate Salad | Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna | Hot Chocolate Lasagna | Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Ball
Eclair Cake Recipe
- 1 box cinnamon graham crackers
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes French Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 12 ounces cool whip make sure to defrost it four hours before needed
- 3 ½ cups milk
- 1 tub dark chocolate frosting
- Spray a 9×11 pan with non-stick spray
- Mix pudding and milk using a mixer
- Fold in cool whip using a spoon
- Lay a layer of graham crackers along the bottom of the pan covering the entire bottom
- Divide the pudding mixture in half and spread the first half on top of the graham cracker layer
- Lay a second layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding layer
- Spread the remainder of the pudding mixture over the second layer of graham crackers
- Lay a final layer of graham crackers
- Microwave the frosting for 20-30 seconds to make it easier to spread.
- Spread the warmed frosting over the top layer of graham crackers evenly
- Refrigerate for 12- 24 hours
Originally posted – November 4th, 2015