This No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna Recipe is to die for and it makes the ultimate sweet tooth and chocolate lover’s dessert. Layered with crushed Oreos, vanilla and chocolate pudding, cool whipped topping and more. You will totally fall in love with this light and fluffy easy dessert!
Bottom line, Chocolate desserts are the best. There is no argument here. There is nothing better than a rich and chocolatey end to the meal. Some of our other favorites are our S’mores Hand Pies, Chocolate Filled Monkey Bread and our traditional Chocolate Chess Pie.
Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
Do desserts get any easier than having an amazing no-bake recipe? Add the fact that it’s a mouthwatering, chocolate and oreo treat and I’m 100% making it. No questions asked.
Seriously though, this recipe couldn’t get any easier. It’s no bake, there are minimal ingredients, and there are just four easy layers to put together. You can even get by using just one dish, which makes for a quick and painless clean up!
It’s also great because it’s served chilled and has a pudding and cool whip base, keeping it light! But, the lightness doesn’t mean it lacks richness or flavor. It’s mouthwateringly good.
It seems like there are always neighborhood and family events coming. We usually have the “bring a dish to pass” mentality, something we can serve a crowd of people. This dessert dish is the perfect thing to bring. Everyone goes crazy for it.
If dessert lasagna has your mouth watering for a lasagna bonanza, try Katie’s meat lover lasagna!
Here are the ingredients and instructions for making this incredible, easy dessert.
No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna Ingredients
Here is the list of ingredients to make sure you have on hand to put this no-bake chocolate lasagna together. I like to keep some of them on hand, and some of them I almost always have in my pantry anyway!
If you want to change up your recipe and add your favorite type of chocolate candy, you’ll want to make sure you also have that.
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 box of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 14.3 oz package of Oreo cookies (regular, not double stuffed)
- 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz container of cool whip, softened
- ½ a cup of melted margarine
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Chocolate syrup
Optional topping: chocolate curls, chocolate chips or your favorite kind of chocolate candy
How to Make Chocolate Lasagna
Making this mouthwatering dessert takes four steps. Much like a normal lasagna, there are different layers, and each layer can be considered its own step. Here are the steps for each of the four layers:
First, add the whole Oreos to a food processor and pulse until you have even sized Oreo crumbles. Make sure to set aside one cup of these crushed Oreos for the topping at the end.
If you don’t have a food processor or just don’t feel like taking it out and then cleaning it… you can also just throw the Oreos in a ziplock bag and crush them with a mallet or rolling pin!
Next, mix the crushed Oreos with half a cup of the melted margarine. Then, pat this mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Firmly press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
Place the crust formation in the fridge to chill and set.
Mix together the 8 ounces of cream cheese, 8 ounces of Cool Whip (½ the container), and one cup of powdered sugar.
Take the crust out of the fridge and add a layer of this cream cheese mixture to it, then place the entire thing back in the fridge to continue to chill.
Mix one small package of instant vanilla pudding and one small package of instant chocolate pudding together with three cups of cold milk. Again, take the pan out of the fridge and spread the pudding mixture on top of the cream cheese layer, then place it back in the fridge.
Finally, spread the remaining 8 ounces of Cool Whip over the third layer. Sprinkle the remaining crumbled Oreos on top. Drizzle a light layer of chocolate syrup over the entire cake. Top with chocolate curls, mini chocolate chips or your favorite chocolate candy (chopped into small pieces) as a garnish if you like.
Make sure to refrigerate the pie until you’re ready to serve it, and in between servings. It will melt quickly and it’s much better when it’s had time to set in the fridge.
Tips for Making Chocolate Lasagna
- You will want to let each layer set in the fridge for a little bit. Doing this is what will really give it the layered lasagna look. It’s the most important for the Oreo and melted butter crust layer.
- I like to use the food processor to crush the Oreo crust, it really gets them finely mashed up. But, if you don’t have one, no worries! The other option is to put the Oreos in a large Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to smash them to your desired crumbles!
- Try to add different add-ins like M&M’s, nuts or look below for some other great ideas.
Can Chocolate Lasagna Be Frozen?
Yes, you can freeze chocolate lasagna. Just put the dish in the freezer until it is frozen. Then cover it with tin foil, plastic wrap or a lid. Let thaw for about 24 hours in the fridge before serving.
Additional Toppings and Sides for Chocolate Lasagna
What doesn’t go good with chocolate? I mean, they make bacon and chocolate donuts… you could seriously add just about anything to this chocolate lasagna and in my opinion, it would only get better!
Here are a few of my favorite additions. First, I love the addition of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, because I love peanut butter as much as I love chocolate! I would also love to try adding Reese’s Pieces. I think they would add a nice little crunch!
Another great option is adding Andes mints, and going for the grasshopper type of dessert! You can also keep it simple and add some chocolate curls as a nice decorative garnish. Adding any type of chocolate candy would truly be a great addition.
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Split Cake
- Easy Ice Cream Cake
- Eclair Cake
- Funfetti Dip
- Ice Cream Sandwich Layer Cake
- Brownie Batter Dip
- Edible Cookie Dough
- No-Bake Monster Cookie Energy Balls
- No-Bake Oreo Cream Pie
- Banana Cream Pie Dip
- Caramel Apple Nachos
This No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna Recipe is layered with crushed Oreos, vanilla and chocolate pudding, cool whipped topping. You will fall in love with this light and fluffy easy dessert!
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 14.3 oz package of Oreo cookies (regular, not double stuffed)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 16 oz cool whip (softened)
- ½ cup melted margarine or butter
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- chocolate syrup
- Optional topping: Chocolate curls or your favorite chocolate candy
- Add whole Oreos to food processor and pulse until crumbles are even. Set aside one cup of the crushed Oreos for the topping.
- Mix crushed Oreos with half a cup of melted margarine.
- Pat onto the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Mix 8 ounces cream cheese, 8 ounces Cool Whip and one cup powdered sugar together.
- Spread the mixture over cooled first layer. Place back in the refrigerator to chill.
- Mix one small package instant vanilla pudding and one small package instant chocolate pudding together with three cups of cold milk.
- Spread on top of the second layer.
- Finally, spread 8 ounces of Cool Whip over the third layer. Sprinkle with remaining crumbled Oreos.
- Drizzle a light layer of chocolate syrup over the entire cake.
- Top with chocolate curls or your favorite chocolate candy chopped into small pieces, if you like.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Chocolate Lasagna is the easiest thing to throw together and I know everyone will love it. It’s another one of those dishes that I have to make sure to sneak a piece before it’s all gone, and I don’t even get my hopes up for leftovers!
Originally posted August 11, 2014
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!