Table of Contents
You have to try this No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Pie. It’s made from scratch and it’s so easy. It only uses 4 ingredients: pudding and milk, whipped cream, and a graham cracker crust, with a Hershey’s chocolate garnish. Who knew pie making was so easy?
When it comes to easy to make desserts that don’t lack in the delicious department, it doesn’t get any better than this no-bake chocolate pudding pie! Are you a pie lover too? Check out our delicious No-Bake Oreo Cream Pie too!
No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Pie Recipe
Did you know you could make a masterpiece of a dessert with just these four simple ingredients? I am here to tell you that yes, you can. And you will! When you’re finished you’ll have made a creamy, chocolate pie that makes for the best dessert to any meal.
I love pie. It has always been a weakness of mine. I just can’t pass it up, and my favorite… is french silk. This no-bake chocolate pie reminds me so much of French silk pie, but it’s much easier to throw together!
If you are looking for a dessert to bring for your next get together, work event, or even a holiday party, look no further! I have only received rave reviews about this pie. Everyone absolutely loves it. I mean, how could you not!?
Why We Love This Chocolate Pudding Pie Recipe
- Only four ingredients and putting this pie together couldn’t be more simple.
- Starting out with the chocolate pudding is what creates the amazing richness and flavor of the pie. The graham cracker crust adds a sweet crunch and makes the perfect texture to compliment the creaminess of the filling.
- Another amazing option is to swap out the graham cracker crust for an Oreo crust! I love Oreo’s and this is a perfect substitute for anyone who is a true chocolate addict!
- The whipped cream makes for the perfect balance between rich chocolate and a light creaminess for your pie filling.
- A garnish of Hershey’s chocolate shavings on top is the final accent. It gives it the beautiful look of a pie that took hours, when it really only took minutes!
Chocolate Pudding Pie Ingredients
These are the ingredients needed to make your chocolate pudding pie. Choose your favorite brand of chocolate pudding mix. Most mixes call for milk, I like to use 2% milk because it makes the filling of the pie extra rich and creamy. Make sure it is instant pudding though!
- Instant chocolate pudding
- Pre-made 9-inch graham cracker pie crust or Oreo pie crust
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Hershey’s chocolate bar
- 2% milk (as called for on pudding box)
How to Make Chocolate Pudding Pie
- First, you will need to make the chocolate pudding. Prepare your instant chocolate pudding by following the directions on the back of the box. Mixing the pudding with milk. (You can use a homemade chocolate pudding as well if you are so inclined.)
- Different brands require different amounts of milk. I like to use 2% but you can use the milk of your choice!
- Next, pour a little less than half of your chocolate pudding into the bottom of your 9-inch pie crust.
- In the bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 of your chocolate pudding with 1/2 of the whipped cream and stir them together well. Then, add this mix as the next layer of the pie.
- Finally, add the last 1/2 of the remaining un-mixed whipped cream to the top of the pie, and smooth out the top.
- Lastly, using a potato peeler shave off chocolate pieces from the Hershey’s chocolate bar to add to the top of your pie as a garnish.
- Refrigerate the chocolate pudding pie for at least 1 hour to let it set and firm up a bit, before serving. When ready, just remove from the fridge, cut into slices and enjoy! I promise this will be a family favorite!
How Long to Chill Chocolate Pudding Pie
It’s important to let this pie chill before serving it. Trying to serve it immediately after making it won’t bode well. It will fall apart because the pudding will not have had time to set.
I like to chill my chocolate pudding pie for at least one hour, but it doesn’t hurt to chill it for even longer! It is best when served nice and cold and is easier to enjoy when it has firmed up just a bit.
How to Store Chocolate Pudding Pie
Using a pre-made pie crust makes for very easy storage of the chocolate pudding pie. Simply snap the lid on top and place it in the fridge.
It is important that you store the leftover pie in the fridge between servings, or it can melt and it won’t firm up in the same shape again.
However, I am willing to bet that there might not be anything to store after serving this pie!
Have I mentioned how easy this pudding pie is? But the best part of all is that it won’t taste “easy.” It tastes like you have been slaving away in the kitchen for hours
Other Great No-Bake Desserts
- Chocolate Lasagna
- Eclair Cake
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Ice Cream Cake
- Funfetti Dip
- Edible Cookie Dough
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Pie
- 1 5.85 ounce box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 pre-made 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- 1 8 oz tub whipped cream
- 1 1.55 ounce regular sized Hershey’s Chocolate Bar
- as called for on box 2% milk
- Prepare your instant chocolate pudding per the package directions (every brand requires different amounts of milk, so follow the instructions for your package. Just be sure you are using INSTANT pudding)
- Pour a little less than half of your chocolate pudding into the bottom of your graham cracker pie crust.
- Mix the remaining pudding with 1/2 of the whipped cream and stir well.
- Add as the next layer of pie.
- Add 1/2 of the remaining whipped cream to the top of the pie.
- Using a potato peeler shave off chocolate pieces to add to the top of your pie.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour (or more) Serve and enjoy!
This chocolate pudding pie has been a huge hit, no matter what event I’m bringing it to, and I’m guessing it will be a huge hit for you, too! It makes for a great dessert for a birthday, family event, or work party. You’ll definitely be asked for to share your recipe.