Table of Contents
Funfetti Dip (aka Dunkaroo Dip) is like a party in your mouth! You only need 4 ingredients and 10 minutes to make this fun and festive and easy party dip recipe! With the heat-treated cake mix, it is totally safe to eat raw!
Dessert dips are a great option when hosting a party. They can be prepared before your guests arrive and pulled out and are ready to serve!
Some of our other favorite dessert dip recipes are our famous brownie batter dip, cookie dough dip, and our banana cream pie dip. Serve with this Funfetti Cake Dip and you have the perfect dessert trifecta!
Funfetti Dip Recipe
Dessert dips just make me so happy, especially when a dessert includes any type of sprinkles! Anyone who knows me knows that my philosophy is that everything is better with sprinkles, that is why this Funfetti Dip recipe may be my new favorite!
If you are looking for a great dessert (and super easy recipe) to bring to birthday parties, barbecues, or any type of get-together, this one should definitely be on your list!
With only four ingredients and ten minutes to make, you can literally throw it together as you are walking out the door!
What is Funfetti Dip
Funfetti flavor can best be described as light and buttery with a strong vanilla flavor. Funfetti is most identifiable by the rainbow sprinkles mixed into the batter. Sometimes funfetti cake can also be known as confetti cake because of the resemblance to confetti.
Funfetti dip, sometimes called Dunkaroo Dip, combines the funfetti cake batter flavor with a delightful mixture to create a smooth and creamy dip with tons of sprinkles mixed in.
Funfetti Cake Dip Ingredients
As I mentioned, Funfetti Cake Batter Dip only requires four easy ingredients.
- Cream Cheese
- Whipped Cream or Whipped Topping
- Funfetti Cake Mix
- Heavy Cream
I like to include extra sprinkles too. While they are not required because the box of cake mix comes with sprinkles in the mix, I like to up my sprinkle game with some extra in the batter and sprinkled on top of the dip!
If you cannot find funfetti cake mix you can substitute it with vanilla or french vanilla cake mix or your favorite cake mix and add sprinkles to your batter.
How to Heat Treat Flour to Make Sure It Is Safe To Eat
When consuming raw cake mix it is always important to heat treat the flour! So we recommend heat treating the cake mix prior to mixing it in the dip.
Heat treat your flour in the microwave – Just place the raw flour in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it for up to one minute (30-second intervals and mixing in between). Make sure that the flour has reached the temperature of 160 degrees by placing a candy thermometer in the center of the bowl. Let cool before mixing it in the dip.
Heat treat your flour in the oven – Bake your flour by spreading it on a parchment-lined baking pan and baking it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool.
PRO-TIP: In order to safely consume flour, it must be heat-treated to properly kill any chance of bacteria. Please do not skip this step.
How to Make Funfetti Dip
It literally cannot be easier to make your own funfetti dip.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and the whipped topping using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add in the heat-treated cake mix (see instructions above and do not skip this step) and half a cup of the heavy cream. Slowly incorporate the other half cup of heavy cream until the desired textured is obtained.
- Place in a cute serving bowl and top with extra sprinkles and serve at room temperature!
What to Serve with Funfetti Dip
There are so many options for treats to serve with our Funfetti Dip. Some of our favorites are animal crackers, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels, strawberries, banana slices and even marshmallows (we like to dip them in chocolate first)
How to Store Funfetti Dip
You can store your funfetti dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
More Great No-Bake Desserts
- No-Bake Banana Split Cake
- Eclair Cake
- No-Bake Oreo Dessert
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Oreo Cream Pie
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream (No Churn)
- No Bake Cheesecake Bites
- S’mores Fluff
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅛ cup sprinkles (extra, optional)
- In a bowl with a hand mixer, cream together cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth.
- Add heat treated cake mix (see notes below) and half of the cream and mix, gradually adding in more cream until desired texture is established.
- Top with extra bright colored sprinkles
- Serve with animal crackers.
Originally published April 25,2019