Soft and chewy, these Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies (aka Hershey Kiss Cookies) are the perfect treat to satisfy your chocolate peanut butter fix!
Start with a delicious peanut butter cookie, roll it in sugar, then add on either a Hershey’s Chocolate Kiss or shake it up with a Hershey’s Hug. Either way, this classic blossom cookie recipe will steal the show!
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
I may have a small obsession with blossom cookies! We have our traditional Christmas Blossom Sugar Cookies. Then, we have our Peanut Butter and Peppermint Christmas Blossom Cookies. Now, we are going back to the basics with our Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies (with either Hugs or milk chocolate Kisses – or better yet both!)
I challenge you to find a bake sale or Christmas cookie exchange that doesn’t have Peanut Butter Blossoms included in it. Why, you may ask? What is the fascination with Peanut Butter Blossom cookies?
Personally, they remind me of my childhood. My grandma used to make them all the time. While she made tons of different types of homemade cookies, these were always among the favorites!
There is nothing better than biting into a soft peanut butter cookie, crunching on those tiny grains of sugar-coated on the cookie and then, the piece de resistance…. the Hershey Kiss chocolate candy in the center!
There is nothing better than that chocolate peanut butter combination!
I loved to make these cookies with my kids when they were younger, they used to love to press the Hershey Kiss into the soft cookies! Now they don’t want to do the work, they just want the treats to appear before them!
Butter vs. Shortening
In this peanut butter cookie, I call to use shortening. But honestly, butter can easily be swapped out. In general, you can substitute butter and shortening in equal amounts.
Shortening will give a chewier taste and cookies made with butter will be a bit crispier and will have more of a richer flavor!
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies Ingredients
If you bake even a little bit, you probably have most of the ingredients already in your pantry!
- Light brown sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
- Unsalted butter
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Kosher salt
- Hershey Kisses or Hershey Hugs
How to make Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Follow the recipe below to mix the ingredients together. Once everything is combined, scoop the dough and roll it into a ball. Roll the ball into the sugar to coat the outside of the ball and place on a baking sheet.
Bake the cookies for 11 minutes until just a light golden brown. Remove them from the oven and let them cool for 2 minutes. Then place a Hershey Kiss or Hershey Hug gently in the center of the cookie. Let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Try these variations for your Blossom Cookies!
Want to shake things up? Try topping your peanut butter cookies with these delicious toppings!
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Heath Bar
- Butterfinger Bites
- Milky Way Bites
- Any flavor Hershey Kiss – Personally, I want to try the caramel, almond and cherry cordial!
More Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 36 Hershey kisses or Hugs
- 2 cups sugar (to roll cookies in)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat
Using a hand mixer or standing mixer, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and egg until combined and smooth
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined and a dough forms
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough onto your hands
- Roll the dough into a ball
- Pour the two cups of sugar into a bowl
- Roll the cookie dough into the sugar and then place onto the cookie sheet
Repeat steps with remaining dough
- Place the cookies into the oven and bake for 11 minutes
- While the cookie are baking, remove the wrappers from the Hershey kisses
- Once the cookies come out of the oven, allow them to cool slightly for 1-2 minutes
- Place the Hershey kisses into the center of the cookies and allow to continue to cool for 5 more minutes before moving to a wire rack
Nutrition per serving
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!