Table of Contents
These no-bake energy bites are a quick and easy homemade snack. They are made by combining healthy ingredients like oatmeal, peanut butter, flaxseed, and shredded coconut. This recipe is packed with protein and makes for the ultimate grab and go item.
No-Bake Energy Bites
I always have some sort of energy bar at home. It’s a great healthy snack for the kids, that can also satisfy the sweet tooth. It also gets them eating something that’s good for them, without them even knowing. The only problem is that many of the healthy, energy-packed snacks can be a bit pricey.
I love that this recipe allows me to get the same delicious flavors and nutrients as many of my favorite store-bought healthy snacks, but it saves money to make them at home. The best part is that it really doesn’t take much effort to do. This recipe is so simple. In fact, there are only five steps in the instructions.
These homemade energy balls are a fun twist from your typical health bars. Side note…you can also make this recipe into bars. You will love how quick and easy it is to make a delicious, healthy, homemade snack!
Ingredients for Energy Bites
- Old fashioned oats: You can use old-fashioned oats or quick oats for your bites.
- Shredded coconut
- Creamy peanut butter: For extra crunch, try using crunchy peanut butter in place of the creamy peanut butter. You can also opt for various nut butters such as almond butter.
- Ground flaxseed
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips: Any type of chocolate chips will work. Since the balls are pretty small, mini chocolate chips tend to work best. You can use white chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate. Mini M&M’s are also a great option.
- Vanilla extract
- Sliced almond: You can replace the sliced almonds with any type of chopped nut. Pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, or cashews would all be great in these.
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make Energy Bites
In a large mixing bowl, add peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
Add old fashioned oats, shredded coconut, ground flaxseed, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and sliced almonds.
Stir well to combine.
Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
After the mixture has chilled, remove it from the refrigerator and roll into 1-inch balls.
Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator.
Tips for Making Energy Bites
- If you prefer energy bars to energy bites you can make these into bars by pressing the mixed ingredients down onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Chill and allow it to set before cutting into bars.
- It’s best not to try to form the mixture into balls or bars until it has chilled for 1-2 hours. Trust me, this will just lead to frustration when the mixture falls apart on you! Be patient and let it chill first.
How to Store Energy Bites
Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
To freeze, place balls on a lined cookie sheet in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours. After, move them to an airtight container or Ziploc bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Delicious Snack Recipes
No-Bake Monster Cookie Oatmeal Energy Balls | Coconut Chocolate Chip Macaroon Recipe | No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls | No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars | Mini Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bites | Frozen Yogurt Bark With Berries | Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- In a large mixing bowl add peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add old fashioned oats, shredded coconut, ground flaxseed, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and sliced almonds. Stir to combine.
- Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- After the mixture has chilled remove from the refrigerator and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
It only takes five simple steps to make these homemade energy bites. The healthy ingredients are packed with protein and nutrients. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months and thawed out when you need, making them an easy grab and go snack for your busy life.