Coconut Chocolate Chip Macaroon Recipe – This sweet and chewy dessert with only 4 ingredients will be your new favorite!
Are you a coconut nut? I love Almond Joys more than any other candy. That is why these Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons are one of my favorite desserts ever!
What is great is that they are also kosher for Passover. On a holiday where there aren’t a ton of yummy desserts these are always a favorite and they are a dessert that I make year round!
Don’t do Passover – no problem! They will also be amazing for your Christmas Cookie swap! That’s right! We do all holiday’s here at Princess Pinky Girl!
For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive
instructions, please see the recipe card at the end
of this post. Before you scroll, there’s important
stuff in the blurb!
What is even better is that they are incredibly easy to make – they only have four ingredients, five if you choose to dip them in chocolate…and let’s be honest, why wouldn’t you dip them in chocolate, right??
Many people ask What is the difference between a macaron and a macaroon? They explain it pretty well here at Popsugar!
As I mentioned, Passover desserts are usually dry and tasteless – but not these (and not my mom’s chocolate chip mandel bread too, you must have these with a hot cup of coffee- yum!)
These two recipes are desserts that I can not let my family know exist until I pull them out for dessert – they would gobble them up before they even cool off!
I mean, even the batter is delicious! I swear, I could eat it up with a spoon without even baking (don’t worry, there isn’t any raw egg in it!)
Important note – Be sure to either use a silicon baking mat (my favorite thing ever) or parchment paper or spray the pan with non-stick spray. You don’t want these to stick!
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
Want more coconut?
- Watermelon Coconut Slush
- Coconut Lime Ginger Body Scrub
- Coconut Cream Pie Bites
- Coconut Macaroon Oatmeal
How do I make Macaroons?
This is one of the easiest, yet stickiest recipes to make ever. I can honestly say it took me longer to take the pictures for this post than to make these. The best, is that people will think you are a cooking guru when they try these delectable desserts.
You really are just going to mix the four ingredients together and roll (or mush) them into tight balls. Then you toss them in the oven and bake them and they are done! Easy as pie …or macaroons!
Want the Printable Recipe?
(just scroll down?)
Ingredients Needed to make Coconut Macaroons
- 14 oz. sweetened coconut
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 14 oz. can condensed sweetened milk (I use Eagle Brand. Not sure why, but it seems to work the best for me!)
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips
- Melting chocolate (optional)
Helpful Kitchen Tools
While these Chocolate Covered Coconut Macaroons are great for Passover, they really are a dessert that you can enjoy all year round. You can make these a few days before you need them, but just be sure to keep them in an airtight container.
However, they are best when they are fresh!
I have had a few people email me that the condensed milk spreads out of the bottom and the macaroons didn’t work for them. I have made dozens and dozens of batches and they always work for me, but here are some tips if you are having issues, you should make sure you are following.
- When you are forming the macaroons, the tighter that you roll the batter in a ball, the better they come out – they won’t spread out as much and will come out rounder and more firm.
- I like to actually SQUEEZE them and shift them from hand to hand and then when they are firm, I roll them around into a ball. The squeezing of the mixture in your hands is super important.
- For some reason, Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk works the best for me. I tried a generic brand and the condensed milk seeped out the bottom a little more than usual and spread. But if you follow the steps above with squeezing the balls, that helps.
- All ovens cook differently. Usually, my first batch will take a bit longer because the oven isn’t quite as hot. Also, depending on how large you make your macaroons, will depend on how long they need to bake. I sometimes will go 20-25 minutes. You want the tops a good golden brown.
- Make sure to really let them cool before removing from the baking sheet and moving to a wire rack to finish cooling or the macaroons will totally fall apart.
- My silicone baking liner is my life! The macaroons totally slide right off of there with zero sticking. If you don’t have one, you can get one here!
If you love Mounds Candy Bars – you will just adore these coconut treat – I hope you love them as much as we all do!
Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons
This Chocolate Dipped Coconut Chocolate Chip Macaroon Recipe makes the most sweet and chewy dessert with only 4 ingredients
- 14 oz. sweetened coconut
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 14 oz. can condensed sweetened milk
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips
- melting chocolate ((optional))
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet or baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or non-stick foil or parchment paper
Mix coconut, vanilla, condensed milk together in large mixing bowl. Add in the chocolate chips.
Take a tablespoon size of the mixture (a cookie scooper works great for this) and roll it in a ball with your hands (see tips above recipe!) You want the balls really tight, so squeeze the mixture in your hands!
Place each on the cookie sheet spaced apart (they will spread a bit)
Bake about 15-20 minutes until golden brown (the baking time really depends on your oven, you don't want them to burn, so watch them carefully)
Cool on a wire rack
When totally cool - melt candy chocolate in a double boiler (follow your chocolates instructions) and dip the bottom and roll the bottom sides in the chocolate. Let cool for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator
Serve and enjoy!!
SEE TIPS ABOVE RECIPE!!
Find more great recipes at https://princesspinkygirl.com
Nutrition per serving
Are you looking for some other amazing desserts that are super easy to make? Try these!
Caramel Covered Ice Cream Cake – this ice cream cake, with it’s pound cake base, is dripping with caramel and sprinkles with crushed Heath bar (or any other candy of your choice). It will soon be a family dessert staple!
My S’more Bites are so easy to make and they give you a taste of summer all year round! Did I mention that they may be a little addictive!
One of my newest favorite desserts and a perfect dessert for a crowd, is my Cinnamon Sugar Cheesecake Bars! All I can say in nom, nom, nom!!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!