Cinnamon & Chocolate Chip Passover Mandel Bread – the perfect Passover dessert – so good you will want to eat it all year round!
Do you love Passover, but have a really hard time finding Passover desserts that don’t taste like cardboard?
Passover is not known for it’s decadent desserts, that is for sure. BUT stop the presses, this cinnamon and chocolate chip mandel bread recipe is the BEST.
My mom makes this every year is something that I can eat all year long – I am telling you that she cannot make it fast enough. It is a great dessert for your Passover sedar or just with a cup of coffee (it is like a biscotti)!!
Either way, you must give this one a try – it will become a Passover staple!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR MANDEL BREAD RECIPE
- Ground walnuts
- peanut oil (for those that won’t use peanut oil, try coconut oil)
- cake meal
- potato starch
- chocolate chips
- cinnamon sugar (optional)
More Passover Recipe
Cinnamon & Chocolate Chip Passover Mandel Bread
- ¾ cup ground walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut oil for those that won't use peanut oil, try coconut oil
- 2 cups sifted cake meal
- 6 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- cinnamon sugar (optional, to sprinkle on after) Do not add this with the dry ingredients
- Beat eggs with sugar until creamy
- Add oil and mix
- Add dry ingredients and mix
- Add chocolate chips and nuts and mix
- Cover and refrigerate (overnight if possible, if not, at least 3 hours)
- Form into 2 or 3 loaves and place on cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes
- Remove, slice and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (my mom turns them on the side and covers the edges with the cinnamon sugar for extra yumminess!!)
- Put back in oven until brown (about 5 minutes)
- Eat. Yum. (my mom added that to the recipe!)
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!