I was very excited when Quaker reached out to me and asked me to put on my creative thinking cap and share some oatmeal inspiration in celebration of their Bring Your Best Bowl contest! The contest highlights the versatility of oatmeal and all the ways to enjoy it by inviting Americans to submit their most inspired oatmeal flavors for a chance to win $250,000, and have their combination brought to life as Quaker’s newest oatmeal flavor!
Nothing in Princess Pinky Girl world can ever be average…so my oatmeal combination needs to be spectacular!
My kids love, love, love oatmeal for breakfast. It is a total staple in our house. I wanted to truly embrace my BEST BOWL and make it something truly special…so I created a Chocolate Macaroon Oatmeal. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a coconut FREAK! So I topped my oatmeal with toasted coconut, sliced almonds and mini chocolate chips (with a chocolate syrup drizzle, of course) and I had a totally amazingly delicious oatmeal treat! Don’t let the chocolate fool ya;the almonds and the coconut are a great way to start your day – you don’t have to use more than a sprinkle of chocolate chips and a small drizzle of chocolate to give the oatmeal a sweet and satisfying taste that your and your family (and taste buds) will love!
- 1/2 cup Quaker Oats quick 1-minute Oatmeal
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 -2 Tablespoon Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetened Coconut
- 1 Tablespoon Sliced Almonds
- A Drizzle of Chocolate Sauce
Here is what you do:
- Cook the Quaker Oats oatmeal according the directions on the packing
- While the oatmeal is cooking, toast the coconut. I toasted mine in my toaster oven on the “bake” mode at 300 degrees for just a minute or two. Just spread it on you baking sheet and be sure to watch it very carefully. It toasts very quickly!
- Once the oatmeal is ready, sprinkle the chocolate chips, toasted coconuts and almonds on top of the oatmeal. Drizzle the chocolate sauce and mix into the oatmeal.
- Serve immediately!
This article has been sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company, but all opinions are my own.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!