No-Bake Banana Split Cake turns your favorite ice cream dish into a delicious dessert! Layers of bananas, crushed pineapple, a graham cracker crust and topped with whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate! Of course, you cannot forget the maraschino cherry on top!
It is a banana split hot fudge sundae mashed up with our easy icebox cake dessert! A new twist on a classic dessert!
Banana Split Cake Recipe
If you are looking for the perfect dessert to feed a crowd, our No-Bake Banana Split Icebox Cake is the perfect solution.
This recipe only takes a few minutes to pull together, but the best thing about it is that it can be made up to 2 days in advance. Perfect if you are planning a party and want to get some of the work out of the way!! AND, it is no-bake, so you don’t have to use oven space for it. Just pull it out of the refrigerator and it is good to go!
Love some fruit flavored cakes? You will not want to miss our classic Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. It is light, moist and made with fresh strawberries!
- Powdered sugar (sifted)
- Soft margarine
- Vanilla extract
- Bananas (not over-ripened)
- Cool whip
- Chopped pecans (if you aren’t a nut fan or have nut allergies, leave them out!)
- Maraschino cherries
- Can of crushed pineapple (well-drained)
- Graham crackers crumbs
- Chocolate syrup or hot fudge
Some people like to put a layer of sliced strawberries in as well, those are a great addition (and look really pretty too!) As I mentioned above, if you are looking for a nut-free dessert, just leave them out!
How to make Banana Split Cake
Making this old fashioned Banana Split Cake is super easy. Let’s be honest, if it wasn’t easy, it would be on my site! It is more of an “assemble” than “cook”! It is all about the layering!
- Layer One – Graham Cracker Crust – Melt ½ a cup of butter and mix together with 2 cup graham. Press firmly along the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Layer Two – Filling: Beat in the sifted powdered sugar, soft margarine, and vanilla. Beat the mixture for about 5 minutes and place this mixture over the graham cracker crust.
- Chill – Let chill in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
- Layer Three – Fruit: spread the crushed (and drained) pineapple on top of the mixture. Place the banana slices in a layer over the pineapple and cover it all with the whipped topping. Sprinkle with pecans (optional).
- Chill – Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight or up to 2 days.
When you are ready to serve, place a few extra slices of banana on top along with your maraschino cherries. Be sure to drizzle with chocolate or hot fudge!
Slice and serve cold!
More Great No-Bake Desserts
- Ice Cream Cake
- No-Bake Oreo Cream Pie
- Mini Key Lime Pie Cheesecakes
- No-Bake Oreo Bars
- Edible Raw Cookie Dough
- Copycat Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding
- Easy Tiramisu
Banana Split Cake
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 ¼ cup margarine soft
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium bananas
- 9 ounces cool whip
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional
- 4 ounces maraschino cherries
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple well drained
- 2 cups graham crackers crumbs
- Melt ½ a cup of butter and mix together with 2 cup graham crackers. Pat this mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan.
- Beat powdered sugar, soft margarine, and vanilla extract and beat for about 5 minutes. Spread mixture over top of the graham crackers.
- Chill in the refrigerator for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Drain the can of crushed pineapples well and spread the pineapple evenly over mixture.
- Slice the banana and layer the banana slices over pineapple.
- Spread the Cool Whip in a layer over the banana and sprinkle with pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours, overnight or for up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, add a few more slices of bananas on top along with your cherries. Drizzle with chocolate or hot fudge.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!