This No Bake Ice Cream Cake has layers of pound cake, your favorite ice cream flavors and is covered by yummy cool whip! Add your favorite toppings, like hot fudge, sprinkles and whipped cream and you will have a delicious dessert ready in no time!
Table of Contents
The Best Ice Cream Cake
Forget spending hours in the kitchen this summer. With this No Bake Ice Cream Cake you will have a delicious dessert that is refreshing and ready in no time!
Hey folks, it’s Jackie from TheSeasideBaker.com back again with another fun and simple recipe. I don’t know about your neck of the woods, but around here it is getting hot!
Just the thought of standing around in my itty bitty kitchen with the oven on makes me sweat, so we are now focusing on No-Bake Desserts. More specifically, ice cream desserts! (Be sure to also check out Princess Pinky Girl’s No Bake Ice Cream Sandwich Cake – this is always a favorite with her family and I cannot wait to give it a try too!
Looking for another great no bake dessert? We love this No Bake Oreo Cream Pie! It is super easy to make and only 5 ingredients!
Ice Cream Cake Ingredients
- Frozen pound cake
- Ice cream
- Cool whip
- Hot fudge topping or chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Chopped nuts
HOW TO MAKE A ICE CREAM POUND CAKE
- Slice the pound cake in 3 pieces horizontally and place the first piece of pound cake inside the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the pound cake with softened ice cream, then top with the next pound cake layer.
- Smooth the second layer of ice cream over the pound cake layer, then top with the final cake layer. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the pan and place it on a serving dish.
- Frost the cake with cool whip, and freeze for 1 hour or overnight.
- Prior to serving, carefully spread hot fudge sauce (not heated) over the cake. Top with dollops of whipped cream, chopped nuts, maraschino cherries, and sprinkles. Freeze until ready to serve.
Bam, not only do you have happy kids, a fun dessert, but you have also turned it into a life lesson. Triple win!
This No-Bake Ice Cream Cake is the perfect dessert to serve at your next party, or just a fun way to finish off the evening with the family.
With no cooking time, and simple ready made ingredients, this slice-and-serve cake will be a hit for kids and adults alike! For more no bake desserts check out my Homemade Drumsticks, Dulce de Leche Milkshakes, and No-Bake Raspberry Cheesecake. Enjoy!
No-Bake Ice Cream Cake
- 16 oz frozen pound cake slightly thawed
- 2 pints ice cream softened
- 8 oz cool whip softened
- 1 cup hot fudge topping or chocolate syrup
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherries
- chopped nuts
- Remove pound cake from and slice horizontally into 3 pieces
- Line the inside of the pan with plastic wrap, and place first piece inside the bottom of the pan.
- Layer pound cake with 1 pint of softened ice cream, then top with next pound cake layer.
- Smooth second pint of ice cream over pound cake layer, then top with final cake layer. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Once frozen, remove cake from pan and place on serving dish.
- “Frost” cake with cool whip, then freeze for 1 hour or overnight.
- About an hour before serving, carefully spread hot fudge sauce (not heated) over cake.
- Top with dollops of whipped cream, chopped nuts, maraschino cherries, and sprinkles. Freeze until ready to serve.
- When ready, slice and serve immediately!
All Things No Bake Desserts:
Here are some other great NO BAKE DESSERTS to try out!
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- No Bake Truffles
- Fresh Watermelon Cake
- Lemon Truffles
Here are some of our most popular desserts on Princess Pinky Girl