This Chex Mix recipe, Christmas Crack, is the perfect DIY holiday treat! The mix of sweet and salty with a hint of peppermint is so good. Afterward, put it in a cute holiday tin and you have the perfect DIY Christmas Gift!
If you are looking for a great DIY Christmas treat to give out to friends, family and co-workers, then this Chex Mix recipe is perfect! If you need some good Christmas Cookies for a cookie exchange, then we have those as well. Some of our favorites are our Peanut Butter Balls (no-bake and DE-LISH), Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies and our Melted Snowman Bark.
Chex Mix Recipe – Christmas Crack
If you haven’t noticed from some of my other holiday posts, I am a little obsessed with Peppermint. That flavor just SCREAMS “It’s the Holiday Season” to me!
So, I decided it was time to mash up two of my favorite things – Chex Mix and Peppermint. As a result, I got this way-too-addictive Chex Mix recipe I call Christmas Crack!
There is nothing more delicious to me that a sweet and salty mix. It is my downfall on my diet. Bad news for those of you with the same downfall because this Chex Mix Christmas Crack is just as the name suggests – highly addictive and absolutely no good for your diet.
Do you love chex mix? Be sure to check out this round up of the Ultimate Collection of Chex Mix Recipes!
This Chex Mix recipe makes a HUGE batch. If you grab some cute holiday tins, you can make some super cute gifts for friends and family.
Want some more fun and delicious holiday snacks – try out my good friends Christmas Crunch Recipe! You will LOVE it!
More Easy Holiday Desserts
- Christmas Tree Pretzel Sticks
- Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies
- The Best Christmas Cookies Round-Up
- Peppermint Oreo Popcorn Bark
- Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
Ingredients Needed to Make Christmas Crack Chex Mix
- Two boxes of Chex Cereal – pick TWO DIFFERENT flavors (use smaller sized boxes…i.e. 12 oz box)
- 16 oz bag of Snyder’s Sourdough Pretzel Nibblers
- 7.5 oz bag of Bugles
- One package of Christmas mini M&Ms
- White Candy Melts – I used CandiQuik, because it melts amazing (you will need 1 -2 packages of the CandiQuik candy melts) or you could use candy melts too!
- One package of Starlight Peppermints
- Christmas Sprinkles
How to Make Chex Mix Christmas Crack
As I mentioned, this recipe couldn’t be easier!
First, grab 2 baking sheets and line them either with a silicone baking mat (my favorite thing ever) or parchment paper.
Next, crush your peppermints in a zip lock bag – the more crushed the better! Go ahead and take your aggression out on these little suckers!
Now, you need a really, really big bowl! You will want to mix the cereal, Bugles, and pretzels together.
Then, melt the candy melts according to the directions on the package.
Little by little, you will drizzle in the melted chocolate over the dry ingredients and immediately sprinkle the M&M’s, peppermints and sprinkles over the melted chocolate (so it sticks in the chocolate) and gently mix it up.
Repeat this step until all of the dry ingredients is covered somewhat evenly with the chocolate and toppings.
Divide the mixture in half and spread it out on the two cookie sheets.
Let the candy set – if you are in a rush, you can put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
Break it apart into smaller pieces and serve or store in an airtight container.
Chex Mix Christmas Crack
- 2 12 ounce boxes Chex Cereal - pick TWO DIFFERENT flavors
- 1 16 ounce bag Snyder's Sourdough Pretzel Nibblers
- 1 7.5 ounce bag Bugles
- 1 bag Christmas mini M&Ms
- White Candy Melts - I used CandiQuik
- 1 bag Starlight Peppermints
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat
- In a ziplock bag, crush approx. 30 peppermints (I used the flat side of a meat tenderizer) to crush them very finely
- In a VERY large bowl combine Chex Cereal, Bugles and pretzels
- Melt the candy melts according to the instructions on the package
- In small increments, drizzle the candy melts over the dry mixture and immediately sprinkle the M&Ms, crushed peppermint and sprinkles on the candy (so it sticks to the candy).
- Mix gently with a spoon until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Repeat this step until all of the melted candy is mixed in with the dry mixture.
- Divide the mixture in half and spread in even layers on the baking sheets.
- Let the candy set (if you are in a rush, you can put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes until it sets)
- Break apart and serve - you can store in a airtight container
Nutrition per serving
Looking for some other great holiday treats – then just click on the pictures below!
Peppermint Candy Spoons – these spoons also make great holiday treats. Just pair them with some hot cocoa and a mug and you have a super cute DIY Gift!
Love all things peppermint? Then how about these amazing DIY Peppermint Candy Bowls! Put some chocolate candy with them and wrap them up in some cellophane and you have the most amazingly cute gift to hand out to teachers, friends and family!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!