Table of Contents
Peppermint Oreo Popcorn Bark is a NO BAKE, simple dessert that makes the perfect gift for the holidays!
Peppermint Oreo Popcorn Bark Recipe
Peppermint Oreo Popcorn Bark…this could possibly be my new most favorite thing ever! This amazing holiday treat is not only deliciously addictive (sorry) but also beyond easy to make – dare I saw impossible to mess up.
My sister-in-law, Jodie, introduced me to this last December. I have literally been dreaming about it since then. You can make this with either white chocolate or milk chocolate – I did both, because…why not!
For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive
instructions, please see the recipe card at the end
of this post. Before you scroll, there’s important
stuff in the blurb!
What I love about this easy dessert is that it not only is totally addictive and delicious, but it is NO BAKE!! Yes, you heard me right!
Have you ever had those days when it is late in the afternoon and you just realized … “Oh No!! I was supposed to bring a dessert to our friend’s house tonight!”
Well, you could take the easy way out and just run to the store, buy some cookies and throw them on a plate and try to pass them off as homemade. OR you can WOW your friends with this amazing Peppermint Oreo Popcorn Bark.
It literally will take you less than 20 minutes to make and if you grab some cute Christmas sprinkles they will have no idea that you waited until the last minute and they will add that Christmas holiday feel!
What is also great, is this recipe is perfect for other occasions too – Change the sprinkles and you can adapt it for any holiday – try these for Valentine’s Day!)
Love this Peppermint Oreo Popcorn Bark recipe? Tag us!
How to make Peppermint Oreo Popcorn Bark
You will need the following ingredients (affiliates):
- Oreo Cookies
- Starlight Peppermint Candies
- Microwave Popcorn (no butter, lightly salted)
- Chocolate – I used Candiquik, it melts like a dream
- Christmas Sprinkles (optional)
Here is what you do (Printable Recipe Below!):
Fist, line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat (my favorite thing ever!) or wax paper
Next, pop the microwave popcorn (pull out any unpopped kernels if you can)
Then, in ziplock bags (use one for each), crush peppermints and Oreos (I used a kitchen mallet to crush them) and melt the chocolate according to the instructions on the package
In a large bowl, mix popcorn, peppermints, and Oreos. Mix in 2/3 of chocolate
Then, pour mixture onto the silicon baking mat or wax paper and spread out. Drizzle remaining 1/3 of chocolate on top of mixture and top with sprinkles
Finally, place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and break into pieces
Serve and enjoy!
Want the printable recipe?
Print it out below!
Peppermint Oreo Popcorn Bark
- 16 Oreo Cookies
- 30 Peppermint Candies
- 2 bags Microwave Popcorn no butter, lightly salted
- 1 package Melting Chocolate I used Candiquik
- Christmas Sprinkles optional
- Line a cookie sheet with either a silicon baking mat or wax paper
- Pop the microwave popcorn (pull out any unpopped kernels if you can)
- In ziplock bags (use one for each), crush peppermints and Oreos (I used a kitchen mallet to crush them)
- Melt chocolate according to the instructions on the package
- In a large bowl, mix popcorn, peppermints and Oreos. Mix in 2/3 of chocolate
- Pour mixture onto the baking mat or wax paper and spread out. Drizzle remaining 1/3 of chocolate on top of mixture and top with sprinkles
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes and break into pieces
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for some other fun holiday desserts – check out some of my favorites below!
These Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups are made from refrigerated sugar cookies and pudding snack cups! Very little “cooking” involved, but your friends will be SUPER impressed!
These Peppermint Candy Spoons not only make a super cute “dessert”, but they make a great DIY Holiday Gift! See how here!