Table of Contents
These Pretzel M&M Hugs are festive, tasty treats that are perfect for any holiday gathering. Only 3 ingredients and are great for Christmas gift-giving too!
Pretzel Hugs for Christmas
I make these pretzel M&M hugs every year during the holidays. Sometimes I even end up making them multiple times! The combination of a salty pretzel, with creamy chocolate and white chocolate Hershey’s hugs, topped off with a crunchy M&M makes for a super tasty little treat.
I’m sure you’ve seen these guys at holiday parties before, they are a fairly popular holiday treat. I absolutely love to make these and I bring them to just about every gathering I go to over the holiday season.
Easy DIY Holiday Gift
They are a super easy holiday dessert to share. They are a great thing to bring to cookie exchanges, and they also can make for a great gift! Just find some festive tin containers to put them in and you’ve got a cute and delicious gift for someone special!
Christmas Pretzel Hugs could not be easier to make. The prep and cook time is less than a half-hour, and the ingredients list is only 3 ingredients long. These are also a fun one to have the kids help with. They love to be part of putting the M&M on top of the melted Hershey’s kiss and it is such an easy recipe!
You’re going to love the salty and sweet combination. Read on for the shortlist of ingredients and simple instructions, and you’ll have your own batch in no time at all!
Pretzel M&M Hugs Ingredients
You will only need the following three ingredients to make your pretzel M&M hugs. The important part is that you will need equal amounts of each of these ingredients (unless you plan to eat a few hugs as you unwrap them!) For this recipe I used:
- 84 square pretzels
- 84 Hershey’s kisses hugs, unwrapped
- 84 M&Ms
Usually, I only need to buy one bag of pretzels, one bag of kisses, and one bag of M&Ms. If I plan to make a double batch, I will buy two bags of everything.
It’s nice to have extra ingredients on hand over the holiday season in case I decide to throw these together at the last minute.
How to Make Christmas Pretzel Hugs
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with either a silicone baking mat or parchment paper (the mat doesn’t slide, so it is preferable) and place the pretzels on the mat in rows. You can put them all on there! I usually just dump the bag of pretzels on the baking sheet and shift them around to arrange them so that they aren’t overlapping each other.
- Place unwrapped chocolate kisses on the center of each pretzel.
- Bake in the oven and for 5-6 minutes or until the chocolate is soft but not completely melted all flat.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and gently press an M&Ms on top of each Hershey’s kiss.
Let them cool for the chocolate to harden. You can also place the cookie sheet in the fridge if you’re in a hurry.
Tips for Making M&M Pretzel Hugs
- Don’t melt the Hershey’s kisses fully. They should still be standing and a bit shiny, but not fully melted. Melted enough for an M&M to push down easily onto it. If it needs a little more time, pop it back into the oven for a little bit longer.
- Silicone baking mats are one of my favorite kitchen tools ever! If you have them, they work great for this recipe. If you don’t have one, parchment will work as well! Just please use something otherwise they will totally stick to the pan!
- Let the chocolate cool completly before you store them. If they aren’t cool they will stick together.
- You can place more than one M&M on each pretzel just for fun if you like!
- You can also throw these in the freezer after making them to keep them nice and fresh until you serve them. Sometimes I find that it’s easier to make an extra-large batch of them all at once and freeze half for later use! Be sure to store them in an airtight container.
- You can make these ahead and store them in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Just cover tightly and store in a container in the fridge!
- UNWARP THE HUGS! I know this should go without saying, but it has happened. I will say it again unwrap hugs! LOL!
These are such a classic, simple, and festive holiday treat. They are so versatile and make for the ultimate gift, or snack during the Christmas season. The salty and sweet combination is unbeatable.
More Easy Holiday Desserts
- Chex Mix Christmas Crack
- Christmas Fudge
- Peppermint Bark
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Blossoms
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies
- Easy Peppermint Fudge
- Melted Snowman Chocolate Bark
M&M Pretzel Hugs
Equal amounts of each. For the sample recipe I used:
- 84 Square mini pretzels
- 84 Hershey’s Kisses Hugs unwrapped
- 84 M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Unwrap the Hershey Kisses and set aside.
- Using a large baking sheet place a silicone baking mat on the sheet or parchment paper (the mat doesn’t slide so it is preferable) and place the pretzels on the mat in rows. You can put them all pretty in lines or just fit them all on there!
- Place an unwrapped Hershey’s kiss on the center of each pretzel.
- Put the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes or until the chocolate is soft but not melted all flat.
- Remove the baking pan and gently push the M&Ms on top of each Hershey’s kiss.
- Let them cool for the chocolate to harden. You can also place them in the fridge or freezer if you’re in a hurry!
Once you make these for the first time, I promise it will not be your last. I have made them every year since I first tried them and my entire family looks forward to it every year. These pretzel M&M hugs are sure to become one of your new go-to holiday recipes.