This Christmas Crunch popcorn is deliciously sweet and salty and perfect for the Holiday season! Throw a batch together in less than 15 minutes! Perfect for gift giving and getting you in the holiday mood!
Table of Contents
An Easy Holiday Treat
There is something about sweet and salty that I just cannot get enough of and this Christmas Crunch recipe checks both of those boxes!
It’s a super easy recipe with only a few simple ingredients! Freshly popped popcorn drizzled with white chocolate and mixed in with lots of holiday cheer (like M&Ms, pretzels, sprinkles and marshmallow!
This yummy Christmas dessert is sure to put a smile on pretty much everyone’s face!
Ingredients / Shopping List
- Microwave popcorn – you will need about 2 bags for 10 cups of popcorn total
- Mini M&M’s Candy – Holiday colors – red and green
- Peanut M&M’s Candy – Also red & green
- Red and Green sprinkles (do you see a pattern here?)
- Pretzels – it doesn’t really matter the shape because we are going to break them up. But it is super cute if you can find the mini Christmas tree pretzels or other holiday pretzels to mix in!
- White chocolate candy melts
- Salted butter
- Mini marshmallows
How to Make the Christmas Crunch Popcorn
- POP the popcorn (use directions on the bag)
- SPREAD it on a parchment-lined baking sheet (or silicone baking mat)
(See NOTE below)
- MELT the butter, white chocolate, and mini marshmallows over low heat (stir, stir, stir!)
- POUR 3/4 of the mixture over the popcorn and toss it around to coat it.
- DRIZZLE the remaining mixture over the popcorn and sprinkle the M&Ms, sprinkles, and pretzels on top.
- Let cool completely.
Tips / Notes
Another option for coating the popcorn is right after it is popped, you can put it in a very large bowl. Pour 3/4 of the mixture and toss with a silicone spoon.
Then toss in the toppings (M&M’s, sprinkles and pretzels – but save a few for the next step).
Next, lay it on the baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining mixture and sprinkle the remaining toppings on top of the drizzled chocolate.
This Christmas Crunch makes a wonderful holiday gift for your friends and neighbors. Just put some in a cellophane bag and tie it up with some pretty Christmas ribbon and a gift card!
What Type of Popcorn to Use
You can really use any type of microwave popcorn. We light to use a lightly buttered popcorn.
How to Store
You can store in an airtight container. You will want to keep it in a cool location so the chocolate doesn’t melt.
More Holiday Treats
DIY Peppermint Candy Bowl | Peppermint Candy Spoons | Christmas Fudge | Easy Peppermint Fudge | Chex Mix Christmas Crack | Reindeer Pretzels |Holiday Peppermint Bark OREO Cookie Balls | Peppermint Bark | Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Bark | Melted Snowman Chocolate Bark |
- 2 bags microwave popcorn made per package directions about 10 cups
- Mini M&M’s Candy Red & Green
- Peanut M&M’s Candy Red & Green
- Sprinkles Red & Green
- 1 cup pretzels broken in half
- ¾ cup white chocolate candy melts
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Line an 11 x 17 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pop the popcorn bags per package instructions.
- Spread popped popcorn over the parchment paper and set aside. (SEE NOTE BELOW for alternative mixing method)
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat melt butter. Add mini marshmallows and white chocolate to butter mixture. Stir until melted and no lumps remain. Remove from heat.
- Pour ¾ of the butter mixture over the popcorn. Toss to coat.
- Pour the remaining butter mixture over the popcorn and sprinkle the Mini M&M’s candy, Peanut M&M’s candy, sprinkles, and the broken pretzels over the butter mixture.
- Let cool completely before serving.
This is so good. I have made 3 batches. I used microwave popcorn (Aldi’s) and also put popcorn in a bowl and mixed it.
love it and it was delecious
Can I store this and give it to friends or should it be consumed immediately?