Chicken Parmesan Pasta has all of the traditional chicken parm flavors but none of the hassle. All cooked in one pot and ready in under 30 minutes – this will be one of your favorite family dinners!
Chicken Parmesan Pasta made in just one pot!
When a recipe has the term “one-pot” in the title, I know it’s going to become one of my favorites. Not only are these typically the easiest recipes to make and clean up, but the use of the same pot means that they are full of flavor! This chicken parmesan pasta is no exception.
It is bursting with flavorful chicken, tangy sauce, and gooey cheese. It makes for a hearty, filling dinner dish. And it’s easy to get on the table, even on the busiest of nights.
Ingredients / Shopping List
- 3 chicken breasts
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic salt
- Yellow onion
- Garlic paste
- Dried rigatoni pasta
- Ragu Old World Traditional Pasta Sauce (or your preferred sauce)
- Chicken stock
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
Substitutions & Additions
Sauce: You can use your favorite brand and style of pasta sauce in this recipe. My go-to is Ragu Old World Traditional Pasta Sauce because I usually have it on hand and because I love the flavors. You could also use a homemade jar of sauce if you have one!
Pasta: Any type of smaller pasta noodle will do the trick for this dish. You could use penne, rontini, macaroni, bowtie, or shells. If you’re in a bind, you could use long noodles like spaghetti or angel hair, but I would only do that as a last resort.
Cheese: It wouldn’t be chicken parmesan without the parmesan and mozzarella, right? However, you can opt for different cheeses if you prefer. I have used gouda and cheddar in place of one of the cheeses, and it still tasted delicious!
Crunch: If you are missing the crunch in your chicken parmesan, you can sprinkle some toasted panko bread crumbs on top or some crunched Italian croutons.
How to Make One-Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta Recipe
- In a large pot (I love to use my dutch oven) add olive oil, chicken pieces, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and garlic salt. Stir and cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Add onion and garlic paste. Sir and let cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in sauce and chicken broth. Add pasta. Stir. Cover and let cook on low for 12-14 minutes.
- Add ½ cup mozzarella, then top with remaining cheeses, cover and let melt.
- Garnish and serve.
What to Serve with One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
The only thing this pasta dish is lacking is some greens. So, I love to make a salad or vegetable to go along with it. My go-to is to make sautéed green beans or asparagus. If I don’t have any veggies, I will make a hearty salad with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots and serve it with a variety of dressings for everyone to choose from.
You can’t go wrong serving a pasta dish like this with a side of bread. Our Cauliflower Breadsticks are perfect if you are looking for a low-carb option or to sneak in some veggies. We also love our Cheesy Pull-Apart Garlic Bread or our Caprese Garlic Bread. They are especially great for cleaning up any leftover sauce from your plate!
How to Store Leftovers
Store any leftover pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. This dish is still super delicious when it’s reheated. Typically, when I make this for dinner, we have it two nights in a row and I actually prefer it the second night.
I always like to share a few things that I love in my kitchen.
Box Grater: Grating your own, fresh cheese makes a world of difference (especially with parmesan cheese). If you don’t have one, it is a small investment for a huge return on quality.
Dutch Oven: Dutch ovens are a staple that all kitchens should have. A dutch oven is a heavy cooking pot with a tightly fitted lid. It is great for braising and excellent for cooking stews and soups. Because it is so heavy, it retains and distributes heat evenly. Dutch ovens can be very expensive, but you don’t need a $300 one! Amazon has one under $30 that has amazing reviews. Don’t have one and don’t want to buy one, no problem, a soup pot or stockpot will work as well!
More One-Pot Recipes
One-Pot Pasta (no boiling pasta required!)| Sheet Pan Fajitas | Creamy Tuscan Chicken | Pull-Apart Pigs in a Blanket | Homemade Chili Recipe – 5-Way Chili | The Best Beef Brisket Recipe | Garlic Butter Steak Bites | Meatball Parmesan | Italian Chicken Pasta | One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta | One Pot Chicken and Rice
One-Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 3 chicken breasts diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 medium yellow onion finely minced
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 16 ounces dried rigatoni pasta
- 1 24 ounce jar Ragu Old World Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 24 ounces chicken stock
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- In a large pot (I love to use my dutch oven) over medium heat add olive oil, bite sized chicken pieces, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and garlic salt. Stir to combine. Cook until chicken is most of the way cooked through.
- Add onion and garlic paste. Stir to combine. Let cook for 5-7 minutes, or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Pour in pasta sauce and chicken broth. Add rigatoni pasta. Stir to combine. Cover and let cook on a low simmer for 12-14 minutes, or until pasta is done.
- Add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and stir. Top the pasta with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, cover and let melt. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!
If you love chicken parmesan, but hate the work, mess, and clean up it takes to make it, then you are in for a treat with this recipe. One pot chicken parmesan pasta has the chicken parmesan flavors that you love, with way less of the work and clean up. You only have to use one pot to make this delicious pasta dinner!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!