Table of Contents
- Creamy Italian Chicken With Pasta
- Why We Love This Recipe
- Ingredients/Shopping List
- How to Make One Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
- What Type of Pasta Works Best With a Creamy Sauce
- What to Serve with Creamy Italian Chicken
- How to Store & Reheat One Pot Creamy Italian Chicken
- Other Easy Pasta Recipes
- One Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta Recipe
Our Italian Chicken Pasta is a super easy one-pot meal that’s perfect for dinner on a busy weeknight. With just 5 minutes prep and 20 minutes cook time, this delicious, creamy dish practically cooks itself!
Creamy Italian Chicken With Pasta
It’s pretty much impossible to mess up this easy One Pot Creamy Italian Chicken with Pasta, that’s how simple it is to make. It has become one of my go-to recipes for busy weeknights, not only because of how quickly it can be put together, but because my kiddos go crazy for it.
I can’t blame them. I am also slightly obsessed with this delicious dish. This pasta is bursting with flavor, perfectly tender chicken, and the creamy Alfredo sauce! And, when we are finished eating, cleaning up is just as quick as the cooking, since there’s only one pot to wash up.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Creamy Alfredo sauce, that can be made to your desired consistency.
- Tastes like an Olive Garden copycat pasta.
- Only one pot is required, easy clean up!
- 6 simple ingredients grocery shopping list.
- Quick to make, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes, perfect for busy weeknights
- Reheats well as leftovers.
- Alfredo sauce or try our Homemade Alfredo Sauce (it is a copycat Olive Garden version!)
- Chicken broth
- Cream cheese
- Chicken (pre-cooked or rotisserie)
- Grated parmesan and parsley (for garnish)
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make One Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
This recipe is as easy as it gets. Adding the cream cheese really makes for an extra rich, creamy sauce. It also thickens it up quite a bit, so add water as needed to achieve desired sauce consistency for your taste!
Add Alfredo sauce, broth, and noodles to a skillet. PRO-TIP: I like to use my 12-inch skillet to make this dish, but you could also use a 3-4 quart saute pan.
Simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked.
Stir in the cream cheese. PRO-TIP: If you want to thin out this creamy sauce a bit, you can add hot water to the pan and stir it in with the cream cheese until the sauce is smooth.
Top with chicken, parmesan, and parsley before serving!
- CHICKEN: I used those pre-cooked “grilled” chicken strips which I always have in my fridge. They are perfect for this type of dish. You could also use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
- NOODLES: I used fettuccine noodles, but you could use any long noodle for the same effect. Spaghetti, linguini, or angel hair would all work just fine. You could even use smaller noodles like penne or rotini, too!
- VEGGIES: This is delicious with vegetables mixed in. I love to add in cooked mushrooms or steamed broccoli.
What Type of Pasta Works Best With a Creamy Sauce
Personally, I have found that fettuccini always works best with a light cream sauce. That said, any long noodle will work too like spaghetti, pappardelle or tagliatelle.
If you don’t have a long noodle, trust me, a short noodle like penne will still be delicious!
What to Serve with Creamy Italian Chicken
If you don’t want to mix vegetables into the pasta, you could serve them on the side. Another go to for any pasta dish is to serve it with a side of bread. My kids love this Cheesy Pull-Apart Garlic Bread and me and my husband’s favorite is this Caprese Garlic Bread.
How to Store & Reheat One Pot Creamy Italian Chicken
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Reheat in the microwave or add ½ cup water and leftover pasta to a saucepan and reheat until sauce is smooth and heated through. This dish is delicious as leftovers!
Other Easy Pasta Recipes
One Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
- 2 16 ounce jars Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 8 ounces fettuccine noodles uncooked
- 4 ounces cream cheese optional
- 8 ounces pre-cooked or rotisserie chicken
- Grated parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place Alfredo sauce, chicken broth and pasta in a 12-inch skillet.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Continue simmering until pasta is cooked through – about 15-20 minutes.
- For an extra creamy pasta, stir in cream cheese until melted and combined.
- If you would like to thin out the sauce a bit, add hot water to the pan and stir until sauce is smooth.
- Top with chicken, grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.