Caprese Garlic Bread is a delicious and easy appetizer that is made fresh and ready in 15 minutes. Topped with garlic butter, melted mozzarella cheese, fresh sliced tomatoes and chopped basil and drizzled with a balsamic glaze, this is more than bread, it’s amazing!
Caprese Garlic Bread Recipe
If you haven’t tried caprese garlic bread now is your chance. This bread is baked with a creamy garlic butter spread, warm melted mozzarella cheese and fresh sliced tomatoes and that is just the beginning of it’s goodness.
Top that with fresh chopped basil and a sweet, but not too sweet decadent balsamic glaze dusted with fresh ground pepper and your appetizer meter will be off the charts.
Hey everyone, this is Shannon from The Food Cafe and making quick and easy recipes especially when they involve bread, butter, and melted cheese put my taste buds into overdrive, not to mention this Caprese garlic bread literally takes 15 minutes to make and will be amazing alongside a cheese ravioli skillet or meatball casserole.
What is Caprese bread?
Caprese bread is made from a french baguette or rustic loaf that is topped with mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes and basil, and is baked (or toasted) in the oven. Once baked it is drizzled with a balsamic glaze, balsamic vinegar and/or olive oil.
How do you make Caprese bread?
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and slice bread in half lengthwise. Spread each half with garlic butter spread.
- Top each half of bread with even amounts of mozzarella cheese. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and layer with sliced tomatoes, drizzle with balsamic glaze, and garnish with fresh chopped basil, and cracked black pepper.
Serve caprese garlic bread as an appetizer at your next party or along side a delicious pasta dish, soup, or salad. This recipe is quick and easy and will be a crowd pleaser. I love to enhance my caprese bread with a creamy garlic butter spread that you can find in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store. It adds just one more layer of rich bold flavor in every bite.
The key to making this caprese garlic bread really sensational is using ripe tomatoes, plenty of mozzarella cheese, and a thick balsamic glaze, which is right by the balsamic vinegar at the grocery store.
The sweetness of the ripe tomatoes helps offset a bit of bitterness from the glaze and makes this garlic bread burst with flavor.
If you prefer to make your own garlic spread it is very easy to do.
How do you make homemade garlic spread?
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup of butter (softened) garlic powder, onion powder, and dried parsley.
- Mix with a hand mixer until combined.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
The next time you are in need of a quick appetizer or side this caprese garlic bread has got you covered, from oven to table in just 15 minutes, it will be the easiest 15 minutes you spend in the kitchen.
Caprese Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf French bread or rustic bread cut in half lengthwise
- 1 12 oz container garlic butter spread
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 16 oz package mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1 6 oz bottle balsamic glaze
- Fresh basil chopped
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and slice bread in half lengthwise. Spread each have with garlic butter spread.
- Top each half of bread with even amounts of mozzarella cheese. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and layer with sliced tomatoes, drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with fresh chopped basil and cracked black pepper.
Nutrition information is an estimate. Please utilize your own brand information to double check against our estimates.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!