Table of Contents
Pizza Stuffed Meatballs aka Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs (with a delicious sauce) are the best meatballs you will ever have! Tender meatballs stuffed with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, topped with pizza sauce and fresh parmesan cheese! Your family will ask for this easy, but impressive dinner every week!
We love all things pizza here! Some of our newest favorites are our Pizza Empanadas (flakey, buttery and full of mozzarella cheese!!) As well as our Pizza Stuffed Peppers! When it comes to pizza we don’t discriminate – we even have a delicious Nutella and Fruit Dessert Pizza!
Pizza Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
Hi everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home, sharing what my husband tells me is one of the best things I have ever made! These Pizza Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs are so easy, but so full of flavor!
One of our favorite restaurants is a place that only serves meatballs. They serve the most incredible pizza meatballs over risotto and then top the entire thing with a chunky pizza sauce.
It is one of my most favorite meals, but since the restaurant is two hours away, I knew I had to come up with a version of this meal for at home.
If you love pizza, but need some alternatives, we love this cauliflower pizza crust from Princess Pinky Girl. She also has a version for cauliflower bread sticks, which would be great as an appetizer with these Pizza Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
If you have never made a mozzarella stuffed meatball before, they are really easy. I used mini pepperonis so they would stud the meat so all you really need to stuff is the cheese.
These cheese stuffed meatballs make a great meal, but also a killer appetizer! They are a fun twist on a classic meatball appetizer and can easily feed a crowd! You know what also would be amazing – plop the cheesy meatballs on a sub and create your own pizza meatball sub or put them on slider buns and make pizza cheese meatball sliders! YES PLEASE!
Flatten the meat mixture in your hand, add a cube of mozzarella, and then cup the meat around the cheese.
Some of the cheese will bake out when cooking, but that’s okay! It adds to the gooey pizza texture!
I think these are best served over risotto, but they are delicious as a pizza meatball hoagie, over pasta, or even on their own, served with crusty bread! You seriously can’t go wrong with this amazing meal!
I am so glad that I was able to recreate the delicious flavors of my favorite restaurant meal at home! These Pizza Stuffed Meatballs will be on our table more often then not! I cannot wait to have the leftovers today!
If you never know what to do with that pound of ground beef in your freezer, then I have found your next favorite recipe!
How to Make Pizza Stuffed Mozzarella Meatballs
Making these meatballs is seriously so easy. You are basically making a regular meatball and wrapping it around a cube of mozzarella cheese. The sauce for this recipe is really unique! BUT, if you don’t have time to make the sauce, you can absolutely substitute a great jar of your favorite pasta sauce and you will get the similar results!
Pizza Stuffed Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- ⅔ cup mini pepperoni
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Italian seasonings
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese cubed
For the sauce
- 2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- ⅓ cup mini pepperonis
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly shaved parmesan
- minced basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all meatball ingredients except for the mozzarella cheese. Mix well with hands until well combined.
- Grab 2 heaping tbsp. of meat and flatten in hand. Add mozzarella cube in the middle of the meat. Fold meat mixture around the cheese cube until completely hidden and roll into a ball. Place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining meat. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While meatballs bake, preheat a saucepan to medium heat. Add marinara, fire roasted tomatoes, pepperoni, and seasonings. Let simmer while meatballs cook.
- When meatballs are done in the oven, add to the sauce. Let simmer until ready to serve.
- Garnish with freshly shaved parmesan and fresh basil.
If you love meatballs, you’ll want to try these too!