Our One-Pot Chicken and Rice recipe gets 5 stars from my entire family. This delicious chicken recipe is easy to make and only one-pan to clean up! The flavorful chicken mixed with creamy rice is a comforting and hearty meal for your next family dinner.
Simple One-Pot Chicken and Rice
This One-Pot Chicken and Rice recipe is one of my staple dinner recipes. My family absolutely loves it, and I’m sure yours will, too. It is so easy to make, and as you may have guessed by the name, it only uses one pot, which makes cleaning up a breeze as well.
Moist chicken, rice, white wine, and tasty seasonings are combined to make this simple dish full of flavor. It’s hearty and filling.
Serve it up with a side of veggies and you have the perfectly balanced meal to serve your family, even on a busy night!
Ingredients for One Pot Chicken and Rice
- Olive oil
- Skinless chicken breast
- White wine
- Chicken broth
- Fresh Italian parsley
- Parmesan cheese
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make One Pot Chicken and Rice
Place a heavy soup pot on the stove and turn to medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Once butter is melted, add grated carrots, diced onion, minced garlic, and 1 tsp salt. Sautée until tender (about 10 minutes) stirring occasionally.
Add chicken to the pot. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt and ½ tsp of pepper. Stir occasionally so that the chicken browns on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
Turn the heat to high and add 1 cup of white wine. Cook until most of the wine has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
Add hot chicken broth. Stir in the rice. Bring to a boil, cover the pot and reduce the heat to low until the rice is fully cooked (about 15-20 minutes).
Turn off the heat. Add in your chopped parsley and ½ cup of parmesan cheese. Keep covered to remain warm if you are not serving right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Jasmine rice works best for this recipe, however I used Basmati and it was delicious! Any type of white rice would work great. You could also use brown rice, if you prefer.
The beauty of this dish is that it truly is a full meal in itself. You cover all the bases, all in one pot! However, I often like to add a side dish to go with my chicken and rice.
I usually add a side of sauteed veggies, since there aren’t a whole lot of other vegetables in this dish. Another option would be to add a side salad with fresh vegetables as well. But, this is totally up to you!
You can store any leftover one-pot chicken and rice in the fridge in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
When reheating, I like to add in just a bit of chicken broth to keep the rice moist. This makes for a great leftover meal!
Chicken and rice is a one pot meal that provides a creamy, cheesy dinner for the entire family to enjoy. This chicken rice meal is a quick and easy to make dish that has an even quicker clean up. It’s a delicious, hearty recipe and a go-to for those busy nights at home.
More Great Dinner Recipes
Garlic Butter Steak Bites | One-Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta | Korean Beef Bowl | Meatball Parmesan | One Pan Enchiladas | Chicken Lo Mein | Crack Chicken Casserole | Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole | Bruschetta Chicken Bake
One Pot Chicken and Rice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 large carrots shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 5 cups hot chicken broth
- 2 cup rice Jasmine would work best but I used Basmati which was delicious
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley finely chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Place heavy soup pot on stove and turn to medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Once butter is melted, add grated carrots, diced onion, minced garlic and 1 tsp salt. Sautee until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken to pot. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and 1⁄2 tsp pepper. Stir occasionally so that chicken browns on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn heat to high and add 1 cup white wine. Cook until most of the wine has evaporated stirring occasionally.
- Add hot chicken broth. Stir in rice. Bring to a boil, cover pot and reduce heat to low until the rice is fully cooked (about 15-20 minutes)
- Turn off heat. Add chopped parsley and 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese. Keep covered to remain warm if you are not serving right away.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!