These colorful, one pan, homemade sheet-pan fajitas will brighten up any dinner, and leave your stomach totally satisfied by their spicy deliciousness! Tender chicken, fresh vegetables, homemade fajita seasoning all cooked up on one-pan!
Serve on a rolled-up tortilla, lettuce wrap or on top of a salad! Ready in under 30 minutes – the perfect family dinner!
One-Pan Sheet Pan Fajitas
Sheet pan fajitas are a one-pan dinner that can serve a large family or group of people, especially when paired with some tasty side dishes like black beans or Mexican rice. They are super easy to make, with a prep and cook time that is only 30 minutes long!
Not to mention, these sheet pan fajitas are super healthy! Just chicken and veggies, on a warm tortilla. If you are watching your carbs you could even forego the tortilla and serve as a salad on a bed of lettuce!
Full of flavor, easy to make, and so delicious. These chicken fajitas are a hit with the entire family. Best of all, they only use one pan to make them, so clean up is an absolute breeze!
- Three large skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds), cut into thin strips, cut against the grain
- Salt and pepper to season the chicken
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 lime, cut into wedges and/or slices
- 6 (8-inch) tortillas, flour or corn
- Fajita Seasoning (either use our homemade version below or use a packet from the grocery store!)
*Optional fajita toppings: jalapeños, cilantro, roughly chopped, sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce
Homemade Fajita Seasoning
You can use this delicious homemade fajita seasoning (make some extra and keep it in an airtight container) or grab one of your favorite pre-made fajita seasoning mix packets.
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional for extra spiciness)
Optional Ingredient Substitutions for Sheet Pan Fajitas
Meat: Chicken is definitely the easiest option when it comes to making sheet pan fajitas, but this does not mean you absolutely have to use chicken. You could use beef or pork, or you could even just make these vegetarian fajitas and forego all meat, using just your veggies and black beans instead. This recipe can be super versatile in this way.
Veggies: Classic fajita veggies are what you will find in our ingredients list, those are bell peppers and red onion. But, you can feel free to make these using whatever veggies you prefer! You can use any color of bell peppers and any type of onions that you have on hand. You can also add in extras that aren’t listed here. For the spice lovers, I always recommend adding in some fresh jalapeños!
Seasoning: I love to make a homemade seasoning for any recipe that I can. I have found that I typically have all of the seasonings listed above in my pantry anyway. However, if you are not one to have various spices on hand, and you want to simplify this recipe even more, you can use a pre-packaged fajita seasoning. You can find these in any grocery store in the same place you would find taco seasonings!
How to Make Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Place the chicken and all of the chopped vegetables on a large baking sheet.
- Mix all of the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the veggies and chicken on the pan.
- Drizzle everything on the sheet pan with olive oil and mix all of the ingredients around right on the pan and spread out into a single layer. Place the lime wedges around the pan.
- Bake your sheet pan with all of the ingredients on it for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm up during the last 5 minutes of the sheet pan cooking. Or if you prefer your tortillas heated in a pan, that works too!
- Serve your warm tortillas and sheet pan filling with any extra ingredients of your choosing.
Tip 1: Use any color of bell peppers and any type of onions that you have.
Tip 2: You can prepare your chicken and vegetables ahead of time so that they are ready to go when you want to put it all together. To do this, place the cut-up chicken and veggies in a Ziploc bag with olive oil and onions. When you’re ready to cook, just dump the Ziploc contents onto your sheet pan and finish the recipe. Start by adding the seasoning, and follow all of the steps from there. You could also prep all of the ingredients and throw them in the freezer and have a great freezer meal!
Tip 3: To make this even quicker and easier to put together, you can use a pre-packaged fajita mix for the seasoning, rather than adding in all of the various seasonings yourself.
What to Serve with Sheet Pan Fajitas
When it comes to fajitas, I love the side dishes almost as much as the fajitas themselves. I say above that this recipe typically makes enough for 6 people, but by adding a couple of side dishes, this one sheet pan recipe can serve up to 8. Here are some of my favorite go-to sides.
As for sides, I typically make some sort of beans. I usually make black beans or refried beans, but I have made others as well, depending on what I have on hand. I also love to make Mexican rice as a side with fajitas. Insider trick, Adding rice to the fajitas! It’s so delicious. You can also use the rice to make a fajita bowl instead of having it in a tortilla shell.
MORE EASY DINNER RECIPES
Easy Chicken Enchiladas | Hamburger Casserole | Sheet Pan Nachos | Baked Mac & Cheese | Creamy Pesto Skillet | Walking Tacos | Chicken Alfredo Bake | Creamy Beef and Shells | Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole | Oven Baked Beef Tacos| Pizza Casserole | Sheet Pan Quesadillas |One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
Sheet Pan Fajitas
These colorful, one pan, homemade sheet-pan fajitas will brighten up any dinner, and leave your stomach totally satisfied by their spicy deliciousness!
- 3 large skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds, cut into thin strips, cut against the grain)
- Salt and pepper to season the chicken
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 red onion (cut into thin strips)
For the Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for extra spiciness)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges and/or slices)
- 6 8-inch tortillas, flour or corn
- Optional toppings: cilantro (roughly chopped, sour cream, salsa, pica de gallo, guacamole, shredded cheese)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place the chicken and all the chopped bell peppers, garlic and onion slices on a large baking sheet.
In a small bowl combine the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle this over the veggies and chicken on the pan.
Drizzle with olive oil. Then mix all of the ingredients around right on the pan then spread the ingredients out into a single layer.
Place the lime wedges around the pan.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm up during the last 5 minutes of the sheet pan cooking. Or if you prefer your tortillas heated in a pan that works too.
- Use any color of bell peppers you have
- Use any onions you have
- Can prepare the chicken and vegetables ahead. Place the cut up chicken and veggies in a Ziploc bag with olive oil and onions. When ready to cook just dump onto your sheet pan and finish the recipe
- You can replace the homemade fajita seasoning with a pre-made packet from the grocery store.
Nutrition per serving
Spicy, flavorful, easy to make and even easier to clean up, these sheet pan fajitas check all the boxes! Using just one sheet pan, you have a delicious dinner that everyone loves. I can’t wait for you to give this recipe a try.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!