Table of Contents
You simply can’t go wrong with this easy grilled chicken breast recipe! No more dry, tasteless chicken! This is the BEST grilled chicken recipe with a delicious sweet and zesty marinade that will soon become a barbecue staple in your house!
The Best Grilled Chicken on the Barbecue!
Firing up the grill and making something delicious has to be one of the best things about summer! We grill something at least a couple of nights out of the week. One of our most common grill items is chicken breasts.
Chicken breasts are so easy to grill and can be so versatile. This recipe for grilled chicken has a delicious marinade. I absolutely love it, and so will you! This grilled chicken breast recipe will be perfect for your next family barbeque.
The grilled chicken is mouthwateringly juicy and the marinade the perfect blend of zesty lemon and sweet honey flavors. Not to mention, it pairs well with just about any side dish, from a cold pasta salad to hearty potatoes. This is one meal that’s sure to get a thumbs up from the whole family.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick & easy – Prep in about 5 minutes
- Marinade in the morning and throw it on the grill when ready to make
- BBQ staple recipe in our house
- Tender & juicy – Never dry or bland chicken
- Low-carb dinner
Ingredients / Shopping List
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make Grilled Chicken Breast
This grilled chicken recipe is super easy and comes together in just a few minutes. We recommend that you mix together the marinade and let the chicken sit in the marinade for a few hours or overnight!
Place chicken in a Ziploc bag / plastic wrap and pound the chicken until it reaches a consistent thickness.
In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Set aside.
Pro-Tip: The lemon flavor for the marinade turns out to be quite light. If you prefer a stronger lemon flavor, add 1 tablespoon to the marinade. But be careful about adding more lemon-pepper seasoning to accomplish, since this seasoning has other flavors in it besides just lemon.
Place chicken in a gallon size ziploc bag and combine with brine ingredients. Add chicken and seal. Put in refrigerator and let marinate for 30 minutes up to 4 hours.
Remove the chicken from the ziploc bag and place on the grill. No need to pat the chicken dry before doing this.
Place chicken on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on one side. Turn chicken and when the internal temperature of the chicken is 160 degrees, remove it from the grill. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Chicken is so versatile and can be paired with just about any side dish. You could serve your grilled chicken breast with vegetables or rice. Or you could go for something a bit heartier like baked beans or potatoes. Chicken is so versatile, it can literally be paired with just about anything.
Here’s a great tip for any leftover chicken: use it the next day to put on top of a big, hearty, homemade salad that’s loaded with fresh veggies! This is one of my favorite things to do!
In the fridge: If you find yourself with leftover grilled chicken breasts, you can store them in the fridge. To maximize the shelf life you should store your chicken in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic wrap. If stored this way your chicken will last in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
In the freezer: You can freeze your grilled chicken for quick and easy meals later on. To do so, make sure that the chicken has thawed completely (you might even want to let it chill in the fridge) before freezing. I recommend slicing the chicken into smaller pieces. Then, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a ziploc bag.
When you’re ready to eat your frozen chicken, be sure to let it thaw out completely in the fridge, then heat it up in the microwave or oven!
This recipe is the perfect family dinner for a summer cookout. The marinade is a combination of delicious ingredients like lemon-pepper seasoning, dijon mustard, and honey. Making it the perfect balance of tangy and sweet for a flavorful and juicy chicken breast off the grill.
More Easy Grilling Recipes
Grilled Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Place chicken in a ziploc bag, press the air out, and seal. (The chicken could also be placed between plastic wrap.) This is to help minimize the mess. Using a meat tenderizer (smooth side) or a rolling pin, pound the chicken until it is a consistent thickness, 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 inch in thickness. This helps with consistency in cooking and also reduces cooking time. It also relieves stress.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- Place chicken In a gallon size ziploc bag and seal. Lay flat on a plate or platter, refrigerate, and marinate 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Heat grill to at least 300 degrees, but not more than 350. While grilling, try to maintain the temp to at least 300 degrees.
- Remove chicken from bag and place on grill. No need to pat dry before doing this.
- Place chicken on grill, close grill lid, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on one side. Turn chicken, insert meat thermometer into one of the pieces, and close the grill lid.
- When the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees, remove it from the grill. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.