This is the BEST and easy guacamole recipe! It is made with fresh avocados, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, and a touch of salt! Authentic recipe and quick to make – ready in 10 minutes and makes for the ultimate appetizer that everyone loves!
Table of Contents
Quick and Easy Guacamole
Guacamole is always a fan favorite. Who doesn’t love it? Whether you’re serving it with chips as an appetizer, or topping off your Oven Baked Tacos or Sheet Pan Fajitas, this homemade guacamole recipe is going to be a new go-to.
It only requires 6 simple ingredients and it’s ready in just 3 steps, under 10 minutes. It’s full of flavor and so delicious.
This recipe is also really healthy, using all natural ingredients. I love to use it as a salad dressing for a taco salad or eat it with chopped veggies for a healthy, low-carb snack.
It’s also a perfect way to sneak something healthy and delicious into my kids’ diet.
Why We Love This Homemade Guacamole Recipe
- Quick and easy to make
- Authentic recipe
- 3 step instructions
- Ready in less than 10 minutes
- Only 6 ingredients required
- Delicious appetizer with chips or veggies
- The perfect way to top off Mexcian cuisines like tacos and enchiladas
- Fresh and healthy
- Easily doubled or tripled for a large group
- Lime juice
- Chili powder
How to Make Homemade Guacamole
This recipe will come together in 3 easy steps. You won’t ever need to buy store-bought guacamole again!
- Slice avocados in half, remove pits, and scoop them into a bowl.
- Mash avocados and stir in lime juice, salt, cumin, and chili powder.
- Add chopped cilantro, stir again until everything is well combined.
Variations / Options / Add-ins
- ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL MIX-INS: If you want to mix things up with your guacamole recipe you can try adding in pico de gallo or finely diced tomato, additional chili powder, diced jalapenos, finely diced red onion, or hot sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s how I easily cut my avocado to get them perfect each time. Make sure that you are using a very sharp chef’s knife. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise, going all the way around. Twist the avocado to open it up. Use the edge of the knife to remove the pit. Then using a large spoon, scoop the avocado contents out of the peel, and place them in a bowl.
This guacamole is so delicious served a number of ways. Of course, it’s delicious served as an appetizer with our Homemade Salsa Recipe, tortilla chips, or chopped veggies. I also love to have it on top of a taco salad or Walking Taco, it serves as my dressing! It can also be used as a garnish on recipes such as these Chicken Enchiladas or this Taco Bake Casserole.
Guacamole can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for 1-2 days. The top will turn brown from its contact with the air, but the guacamole underneath should remain bright green. Since this guac is so easy to make, I like to make it fresh every-time, and only make the amount that we need. If we finish the first batch, I can always mix up another if we are still hungry!
Other Easy Appetizers
- 4 ripe avocados
- ⅛ cup lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Slice each avocado in half, running the knife around the pit and twisting the two halves to open the avocado. Remove pit and scoop the flesh from the skin of each half. Place flesh in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mash avocados with a fork or masher until mostly smooth (leave a little chunky if you prefer).
- Squeeze in lime juice and add salt, cumin, and chili powder. Stir to mix evenly.
- Add chopped cilantro and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Use ripe avocados for the best flavor. Avocados should give just slightly when squeezed gently. Avoid avocados that feel fluid under the skin. A few brown spots in the avocado flesh are just fine and perfectly edible.
- Some people claim that keeping an avocado pit in the guacamole will prevent it from turning brown.