Table of Contents
- Fried Riced Cauliflower Recipe
- Fresh Cauliflower Rice vs. Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- What to Serve with Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe Ingredients
- How to Make this Fried Riced Cauliflower Recipe
- FAQ About Cauliflower Fried Rice
- More Low-Carb Recipes
- More Healthy Recipes
- Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe Recipe
Our Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe looks and tastes just like fried rice! Perfect for a low carb diet or if you are trying to get your kids to eat their vegetables! Great side dish or add in Chicken, Shrimp or beef to make it a meal!
Cauliflower fried rice is the perfect side dish (or dinner) if you are looking for a low carb diet or gluten-free recipe (or trying to sneak vegetables into your families dinner!)
Fried Riced Cauliflower Recipe
Cauliflower Fried Rice is my new favorite side dish and quick dinner!
I am a carb addict – so I am always looking for carb substitutes that will meet my carb needs. This Cauliflower fried rice completely tricks my brain into thinking that I am actually eating rice.
If you love fried rice but are trying to watch your carbs, gluten-free or paleo, you will love this recipe. It is super easy and takes no time at all to make!
Fresh Cauliflower Rice vs. Frozen Cauliflower Rice
When I first started making this recipe years ago, there was only one way to rice the cauliflower, by hand. Now there are such great already riced cauliflower packages out there, please save yourself the step!
My favorite frozen riced cauliflower is from Trader Joe’s, but my local grocery also has it in the produce department fresh. Fresh riced cauliflower or frozen riced cauliflower… you can’t go wrong. But, the option (and instructions) are always here if you want to rice your cauliflower by hand from a head of cauliflower too!
What to Serve with Fried Cauliflower Rice
Make a cauliflower fried rice stir fry!! I served the cauliflower fried rice with an easy to make beef stir fry and it was a huge hit, even my kids loved it! They didn’t even realize they were eating cauliflower!
I also love to serve this with our Korean Beef Bowl to keep it low-carb!
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe Ingredients
- Frozen riced cauliflower or a head of cauliflower
- Sesame oil (substitute option: canola oil)
- Frozen peas and carrots
- Soy sauce
- Garlic Salt
How to Make this Fried Riced Cauliflower Recipe
- Either rice your cauliflower (see below instructions) or, even easier, grab frozen riced cauliflower. Let the cauliflower and frozen vegetables thaw slightly. (They don’t need to be totally defrosted, just enough so that you can break up the chunks. This will make it easier to cook.)
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until soft and add in the frozen vegetables and cook until soft.
- Add in the cauliflower rice and cook stirring often, until heated. Add the soy sauce and mix well.
- Slide the cauliflower mixture over to one side of the pan and add the eggs on the other side of the pan and scramble. Break the scrambled eggs into small pieces and once cooked, mix with the rest of the mixture and add additional soy sauce.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic salt to preference.
- Optional: add in protein like chicken, tofu, steak, or shrimp.
- Serve immediately.
FAQ About Cauliflower Fried Rice
How to Make Riced Cauliflower
Trim off the florets off of a head of cauliflower, cut off as much of the stem as possible. Put the florets in the food processor and pulse until the cauliflower resembles a grain similar to couscous. (be careful not to over-process it)
Does Fried Cauliflower Rice freeze well?
Uncooked riced cauliflower is good in the freezer for up to 4-6 months. When you are ready to cook the cauliflower just remove it from the freezer and let it thaw overnight in the fridge.
More Low-Carb Recipes
More Healthy Recipes
- Baked Chicken Tenders
- What to Cook in an Air Fryer (my favorite way to make healthy recipes taste amazing! )
- Easy Grilled Tilapia
- 3-Ingredient Breakfast Cookie
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 Bag Bag of frozen Trader Joes Riced Cauliflower or a head of cauliflower chopped up and “riced” in a food processor let it sit on counter for a few minutes so that it is slightly thawed…bang it a little to break up the chunks, you will need about 1½ cups chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil you can use canola if you don’t have sesame
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 1 Cup frozen peas and carrots thawed
- ¼ cup broccoli chopped
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic salt optional
- 1 Egg
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium/high heat.
- Saute onions until tender. Add peas, carrots, and broccoli and cook until soft.
- Add frozen cauliflower (or fresh riced cauliflower) to the pan. Mix with vegetables and continue to saute until the cauliflower is no longer frozen.
- Add approximately 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and mix well.
- Slide the rice to one side of the pan and scramble the egg on the other side of the pan.
- Once the egg is cooked, mix in with the rice and add additional soy sauce (to taste preference)
- Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to preference.
- Serve immediately.
Looking for other easy meal ideas… just click on the pictures below:
Originally posted: June 15, 2016