Cauliflower Fried Rice – I am a carb addict – so I am always looking for carb substitutes that will meet my carb needs. This Cauliflower fried rice completely tricks my brain into thinking that I am actually eating rice.
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PRINTABLE CAULIFLOWER FRIED RECIPE
My friend Sally, is an amazing cook. She always has great recipes and has yet to fail me on a single one. She is the mastermind behind my incredibly successful No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars.
When we were together the other day and we were talking about what to make for dinner, Sally told me about this and I couldn’t wait to give it a try.
I served the cauliflower fried rice with an easy to make beef stir fry and it was a huge hit, even my kids loved it! (Looking for other great “cauliflower” substitutes – check out my cauliflower breadsticks and pizza crust.
Shopping list for cauliflower fried rice recipe
- Frozen riced cauliflower or a head of cauliflower
- Sesame oil (substitute option: canola oil)
- Frozen peas and carrots
- Soy sauce
- Garlic Salt
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 Bag Bag of frozen Trader Joe's Riced Cauliflower or a head of cauliflower chopped up and "riced" in a food processor (let it sit on counter for a few minutes so that it is slightly thawed...bang it a little to break up the chunks, you will need about 1½ cups chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil (you can use canola if you don't have sesame)
- 1 Small onion (chopped)
- 1 Cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
- 1/4 cup broccoli (chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic salt (optional)
- 1 Egg
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium/high heat.
- Saute onions until tender. Add peas, carrots and brocolli and cook until soft.
- Add frozen cauliflower (or fresh riced cauliflower) to the pan. Mix with vegetables and continue to saute until the cauliflower is no longer frozen.
- Add approximately 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and mix well.
- Slide the rice to one side of the pan and scramble the egg on the other side of the pan.
- Once the egg is cooked, mix in with the rice and add additional soy sauce (to taste preference)
- Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to preference.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving
Looking for other easy meal ideas… just click on the pictures below:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!