Our Cauliflower Fried Rice looks and tastes just like fried rice! Perfect for a low carb diet or if you are trying to get your kids to eat their vegetables! Great side dish or add in Chicken, Shrimp or beef to make it a meal!
Cauliflower fried rice is the perfect side dish (or dinner) if you are looking for a low carb diet or gluten-free recipe (or trying to sneak vegetables into your families dinner!) Looking for other great “cauliflower” substitutes – check out my cauliflower breadsticks and pizza crust.
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
Cauliflower Fried Rice is my new favorite side dish and quick dinner!
I am a carb addict – so I am always looking for carb substitutes that will meet my carb needs. This Cauliflower fried rice completely tricks my brain into thinking that I am actually eating rice.
If you love fried rice but are trying to watch your carbs, gluten-free or paleo, you will love this recipe. It is super easy and takes no time at all to make!
My friend Sally, is an amazing cook. She always has great recipes and has yet to fail me on a single one. She is the mastermind behind my incredibly successful No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars.
When we were together the other day and we were talking about what to make for dinner, Sally told me about this and I couldn’t wait to give it a try.
Make a cauliflower fried rice stir fry!! I served the cauliflower fried rice with an easy to make beef stir fry and it was a huge hit, even my kids loved it! They didn’t even realize they were eating cauliflower!
How to make cauliflower into rice?
It is easy to rice cauliflower. Just grab a full head of cauliflower and trim off the florets. You will want to cut off as much of the stem as possible.
Put the florets in the food processor (I like to work in small batches, so I do mine in thirds) and pulse until the cauliflower resembles a grain similar to couscous. (be careful not to over process it)
Honestly, riced cauliflower is a staple in most grocery stores these days and it is so much easier to buy it frozen. I always keep a few packages of Trader Joes cauliflower rice in my freezer and just grab it when I need it. I have seen it at Kroger as well! While it is super easy to rice your own cauliflower, if you are pressed for time, the frozen works just as well!
Ingredients for cauliflower fried rice recipe
- Frozen riced cauliflower or a head of cauliflower
- Sesame oil (substitute option: canola oil)
- Frozen peas and carrots
- Soy sauce
- Garlic Salt
How to make Cauliflower Fried Rice
Other healthy recipes
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 Bag Bag of frozen Trader Joes Riced Cauliflower or a head of cauliflower chopped up and "riced" in a food processor (let it sit on counter for a few minutes so that it is slightly thawed...bang it a little to break up the chunks, you will need about 1½ cups chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil (you can use canola if you don't have sesame)
- 1 Small onion (chopped)
- 1 Cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
- 1/4 cup broccoli (chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic salt (optional)
- 1 Egg
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium/high heat.
- Saute onions until tender. Add peas, carrots, and broccoli and cook until soft.
- Add frozen cauliflower (or fresh riced cauliflower) to the pan. Mix with vegetables and continue to saute until the cauliflower is no longer frozen.
- Add approximately 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and mix well.
- Slide the rice to one side of the pan and scramble the egg on the other side of the pan.
- Once the egg is cooked, mix in with the rice and add additional soy sauce (to taste preference)
- Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to preference.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving
Looking for other easy meal ideas… just click on the pictures below:
Originally posted: June 15, 2016
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!