Roasted Cauliflower Popcorn is a fun and unique way to get your kids to love to eat their veggies. This roasted cauliflower has delicious garlic and parmesan cheese topping with a touch of turmeric, followed by a buttery crunch! It makes for a delicious side dish to go with your next family dinner!
Kid tested and approved!
Popcorn Cauliflower Recipe
With its simple ingredients list (there are only five) and shortlist of instructions (yep, just six steps from start to finish) this delicious, crunchy roasted cauliflower recipe could not be easier to make.
You are going to love how quick and simple it is to make a vegetable side dish that compliments any main dish and your family will love. And if you love cauliflower as much as me, then you are going to go crazy for this stuff.
It’s actually down right addicting. Best of all, it’s also kid approved. My kiddos can’t get enough of this! When I’m in need of a last minute side dish, I will just run to the grocery store for a head of cauliflower and I can whip this popcorn cauliflower together in no time!
Here is the simple five-item ingredient list for your popcorn cauliflower. I tend to have most of this on hand, so I love that all I need to pick up is a head of cauliflower from the grocery store to make this delicious veggie dish.
- One head of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
Seasonings: You can add various spices or seasonings to your cauliflower popcorn as you like. Sometimes I will add in black pepper, or use just regular salt in place of the garlic salt.
Extra Veggies: If you want to make a mixed vegetable dish, you can add in a few other veggies with your cauliflower such as broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, or carrots. It’s a fun way to change this up every time you make it.
How to Make Cauliflower Popcorn
- SPREAD cauliflower florets on a baking sheet.
TIP: Make sure it has rimmed edges!
- DRIZZLE with olive oil.
- SPRINKLE with garlic salt and tumeric.
- TOSS gently to coat.
TIP: You could also toss the ingredients in a large bowl and then spread on the baking sheet.
- SPRINKLE with shredded parmesan cheese.
- BAKE for 30 minutes at 450 degrees or until the florets begin to brown.
TIP: I like mine really crunchy. You can also place the pan under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes for a crunchier texture. Just be sure to really watch them so they do not burn.
Tip 1: Some ovens may need to be set at 475 degrees, but this was much too hot for my oven so I lowered it to 450 and cooked for 30 minutes. This can also change depending on the size of your cauliflower florets. I like to trim mine really small.
Tip 2: Turmeric stains things very easily. So be careful handling this spice!
Tip 3: You may find it easier to mix the cauliflower florets, olive oil, and spices in a bowl before placing them on the pan. I decided to do this as a one pan recipe, easier clean up!
What to Serve with Popcorn Cauliflower
Popcorn cauliflower makes a great side dish for just about any meal. I especially love to serve it alongside meat like steaks off the grill or oven baked chicken. It also goes great tossed into a salad or in as a base in a burrito bowl. You can get totally creative with how to serve your popcorn cauliflower or what you serve it with.
Here are some of our favorite dinners to pair it with:
Roasted Cauliflower Popcorn
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower florets onto a large baking sheet with rimmed edges.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower florets. Sprinkle the florets with the garlic salt and turmeric. Gently toss to coat the florets with the olive oil and spices.
- Sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese over the top of the cauliflower.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the florets start to brown.
- You can place the pan under the oven broiler for 2-3 minutes for more browning and crunch texture if desired.
Popcorn Cauliflower is a delicious and unique way to make a vegetable side dish. Cauliflower recipes are becoming so popular, and it’s such a versatile vegetable. Popcorn cauliflower is full of flavor and goes great with so many dinner meals. You are going to love this delicious, crunchy, baked veggie!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!