Happy Dance Time! Last night all five of us ate the same exact meal! No variations, no complaining (well there was complaining, but not about the food!!!) My youngest gave it a ten out of ten, my middle asked for leftovers for his lunch and my oldest….well, he grumbled something about it being good before he got annoyed by his brothers and went back to his room. This 10 minute stir fry is nothing new in my house, but what was new were the noodles….for some reason, although 2 of my kids love rice, the noodles over rice made all of the difference. This is easy, mostly healthy (although I am sure there are ways to make it much healthier -I will let the health gurus chime in on some advice here!), but best of all, it is a great weeknight meal that can be ready in minutes!
Here’s what you need:
- Chicken, steak or tofu – I used 1 1/2 pounds for 6 of us
- Veggies – any will be great – we love broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, portobello mushrooms (these all soak in the sauce really nicely)
- Ramen noodles – I used three packages – do not use the flavor packet
- Stir fry sauce – my absolute go to is Soy Vay Very Very Teriyaki – it never disappoints!!
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
Here’s what you do:
- Cut up the chicken, steak or tofu in small chunks
- Cut up the veggies – or if you want the super fast version, buy them already cut up!
- In the wok, heat up the olive oil on medium to high heat – I use about 2 tablespoons
- Place a heaping tablespoon of minced garlic – adjust to taste preference
- Add your meat or tofu – stir fry the meat until fully cooked, stir frequently
- Meanwhile, cook the Ramen Noodles according to direction and drain excess water. Do not add the flavor packet!
- Once the meat is fully cooked, drain the excess fat and add your stir fry sauce – the amount is going to depend on what sauce you choose and how much flavor you like.
- Let the sauce simmer with the meat for 1 minute and then add in your veggies. Cover and steam veggies for 1 -2 minutes (depending on how soft your like your veggies – we are more the crunchy type, so we let them cook for about a minute)
- Add in the noodles and coat with some more sauce and mix
- Serve immediately
Looking for some other quick family friendly meals? Click on the pictures below!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!