Healthy french fries are a real thing when you make Air Fryer French Fries! They are crunchy and crispy french fries and are ready in just minutes with only 2 tablespoons of olive oil! Best of all, my family loves them!
Table of Contents
- Homemade Fries In Air Fryer From Scratch
- What is an Air Fryer?
- Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Homemade Fries
- Best Homemade seasoning For Fries in Air Fryer
- How To Make Air Fryer Homemade Fries
- Why soaking the potatoes is important when making Air Fryer French Fries from Scratch
- How to store Air Fryer Fries
- FAQs for Homemade French Fries in Air Fryer
- More Healthy Recipes Your Family Will Love
- Fresh French Fries In Air Fryer Recipe
Homemade Fries In Air Fryer From Scratch
French fries are one of my all-time favorite food. I can easily skip dessert, but I cannot leave a single french fry on my plate.
That is why these Air Fryer French Fries are possibly the best invention ever! I can enjoy my french fries guilt-free. What is great is air-fried french fries still provide the great crunch that a deep fryer creates, but with none of the fat!
Want to spice up your fries a little bit? Try dipping them in our 2-ingredient Buffalo Dipping Sauce! It only takes 2 minutes to make and can be thrown together while you are waiting for your french fries to cook!
Make these delicious fries with our amazing Air Fryer Fried Chicken Recipe. This chicken comes out so crispy and juicy, you won’t believe it isn’t deep fried! These are the perfect recipes for your diet or if you are just trying to watch your waistline!
The Air Fryer may be one of the best inventions ever! You can get that deep-frying taste without the unhealthiness that comes along with it. Don’t know much about the air fryer? Not to worry, I can tell you everything you need to know about an air fryer and more including some other amazing air fryer recipes!
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a countertop kitchen appliance that circulates air around the food using a convection fan at a high speed that cooks, browns, and crisps the food. It gives a “fried” like result but using little to no oil.
Is cooking with an Air Fryer healthy?
Cooking with an air fryer is a much healthier alternative to deep-frying. You can use a little bit of oil to help get a crispier end result. However, many of the things I make in the air fryer, I don’t even add additional oil.
If I do add oil, I will use a spray oil and lightly coat the food. This will drastically reduce the amount of oil you use keeping the food much healthier!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Homemade Fries
You don’t need much to make these healthy french fries!
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch sticks
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Seasoning (see below for some options)
Peeling the potatoes is optional. Some people like to keep the skins on and that is just fine!
Best Homemade seasoning For Fries in Air Fryer
This recipe calls for salt, pepper, and some dried parsley, but feel free to get creative with your fries. We also love to use a little garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder or paprika too!
One of our favorite seasonings is the Everything But the Bagel seasoning. I have gotten mine from Trader Joe’s, but they have a lot of copycat versions now that you can get just about anywhere!
How To Make Air Fryer Homemade Fries
- First, peel and cut your potatoes
- Soak them in cold water for 30 minute. Dry with paper towel.
- Toss with olive oil
- Cook in air fryer on 380 degrees for 15-20 (shake halfway through)
How long to cook French Fries in Air Fryer
Per our recipe – 15 min or until desired crunchiness.
Why soaking the potatoes is important when making Air Fryer French Fries from Scratch
Well, this is a really important step. This will remove some of the starch from the potatoes to help them cook up crispier in the air fryer. It also helps to prevent the fries from sticking together when they are cooked.
While your fries are cooking, this is a great time to make our Buffalo Dip! It only takes 2 minutes to make and all you need are two simple ingredients!
Once the french fries are ready, remove from the air fryer and place onto parchment paper and season with salt and pepper! Serve immediately! Enjoy!
How to store Air Fryer Fries
Store in the fridge in a covered container for up to two days.
How to reheat French Fries in Air Fryer
Cook at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes.
FAQs for Homemade French Fries in Air Fryer
Yes, these are much healthier than regular french fries. They use very little oil and are a great option for a healthier diet.
You should cook them in an even layer and not overcrowd the basket. They can slightly overlap, but should only be one layer at a time.
I prefer them peeled, but this is totally optional. Be sure to wash the potato skin thoroughly.
More Healthy Recipes Your Family Will Love
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Easy Grilled Tilapia
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- Homemade Fruit Popsicles
- Healthy Ranch Dip
- Easy Vegetable Chowder
- No Bake Monster Cookie Energy Balls
- Instant Pot Cabbage Soup
- Wedge Salad Skewers
- Caramel Apple Nachos
- Crunchy Baked Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Fresh French Fries In Air Fryer
- 2 Russet Potatoes peeled and cut into ½ inch sticks
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper and Dried Parsley to taste
- Peel and Cut Russet potatoes and soak in cold water for 30 minutes. (This step is important to help remove the extra starch and will make for a crispier french fry!)
- Drain and rinse potatoes with cool water then dry with paper towel. Toss until evenly coated with olive oil.
- Pre-heat air fryer to 380 degrees or select the appropriate setting on your model.
- Place fries in heated air fryer basket in a single layer (avoid stacking on one another). Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until they are at your crispiness preference! About halfway through the cooking five them a shake or flip to move them around.
- Once fries are ready remove from fryer onto parchment paper and season with salt and pepper! Serve immediately!
Don’t miss out on literally the Best Easy Air Fryer French Fries Recipe. You won’t believe how delicious, crispy and crunchy french fries can taste while still being healthy (and your family will love them).