Our Easy Breakfast Cookies only take 3 ingredients and take about 15 minutes to whip up! Bananas, oatmeal and chocolate chips (with a sprinkle of cinnamon) are all you need for this healthy breakfast option!
We love easy breakfast recipes like French Toast in a Mug and Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups. Need a healthy option, how about these Monster Cookie Oatmeal Energy Balls! The best part is for all of these you likely have all of the ingredients in your pantry!!
Healthy Breakfast Cookies
Do you ever have those days where you just need a quick grab and go snack? These soft and chewy Three Ingredient Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are the perfect fix!
Who doesn’t love the idea of a cookie for breakfast? These breakfast cookies are different than your average cookie though! They are healthy! They are also gluten-free and nut free, so they are perfect for those with restricted diets!
The other day, my friend Michelle (also responsible for the amazing Cinnamon Sugar Cheesecake Bars) told me about this life-changing Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie Recipe that she found on Skinny Taste.
I just so happened to have some over ripened bananas sitting on my counter and thought I would give them a try.
Wow…. just wow!! These breakfast cookies will blow you away! They only take 3 ingredients (I added an optional 4th) and only take about 15 minutes to whip up – and you likely have all of the ingredients in your pantry as we speak!!
These breakfast cookies aren’t just for breakfast! They are a very healthy after-school snack for your kids or a quick snack any time of the day! They are soft and chewy and delicious.
I think they are best when they are warm and out of the oven. But, you can also make them ahead and throw them in the toaster oven for a minute and they are soft, chewy and delicious again! (although they are yummy cold too!)
How to make healthy breakfast cookies
To make these easy breakfast cookies, all you need to have on hand are three simple ingredients bananas, uncooked quick oats, and chocolate chips. If you have some cinnamon sugar or peanut butter, those are great add-ins too!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray or line it with a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork or spoon. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips until totally combined.
- Place a teaspoon of the batter on your cookie sheet (I like to press them down slightly with the back of a spoon).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
More recipes using ripe bananas
We love banana recipes and whenever we have some ripe bananas on our counter, you can bet there is going to be some baking going on.
Some of our favorite banana recipes include:
- The best banana bread
- Banana cream pie dip
- Frozen chocolate dipped bananas
- Banana nut bread no-bake energy bars
- Banana cream pie bites
Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease or spray baking sheet (or I used my silicon baking mat – my favorite thing ever)
- In a medium sized bowl, mash bananas with a fork or spoon
- Stir in oats
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Place a teaspoon of the batter on the baking sheet (press down slightly with the back of your spoon)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (optional, but really yummy)
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes
- Enjoy while warm or cooled
Looking for some other easy treats? I have tons of great desserts (and they are really easy to make too!)
These No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are a family favorite!
Cinnamon Sugar Cheesecake Bars are a super easy dessert is great for a crowd! You can serve it warm or cold – either way your guests will be begging for more!
Originally posted May 19, 2016
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!