15 Minute Easy Grilled Tilapia Recipe – only four ingredients needed! This easy Tilapia recipe is soon to become your summer go-to favorite. Because, It is light, flaky, easy to make and best of all, delicious.
Table of Contents
Easy Grilled Tilapia Recipe
While I am not a huge fish lover, I absolutely adore this easy tilapia recipe. That’s because the fish has a very light and flaky flavor. All you need is 4 ingredients and 15 minutes! So, it’s super easy to make!
Quick and Easy on the Grill
While my kids don’t love fish, I can throw on burgers for them and cook them at the same time, or this amazing Grilled Rib Eye Steak with Ginger Teriyaki Sauce – it is a grilling staple in our house! If the flaky and light tilapia doesn’t thrill everybody at the table, then this is still a win, because it plays well with others.
The frozen tilapia from Costco comes individually packaged and sealed, so I can just grab what I need for myself and burgers for the boys. So, it’s totally convenient, and it’s the secret to my easy tilapia recipe.
I love to pair this fish with some couscous or quinoa and some broccoli or asparagus (also made on the grill) or even better, my grilled corn recipe is the EASIEST. Then you can have your whole meal prepared on the grill with no clean-up required!
If you don’t know how easy it is to grill corn, then just follow this easy tutorial on How to Grill Corn on the Cob!
If you are looking for another great side dish, then check out our Feta and Bacon Green Beans, they are beyond delicious! Or, throw our Garlic Potato Foil Packets right next to the tilapia on the grill then you have another great meal, also with no cleanup!
Ingredients for Grilled Tilapia
- Tilapia loins – fresh or frozen
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt – I love Lawry’s – I use it for everything under the sun!
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Non-stick aluminum foil
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to make Grilled Tilapia
- Place tilapia on non-stick aluminum foil. Lightly brush olive oil over the top and then the sides of the tilapia
- Sprinkle garlic salt over the tilapia.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese generously.
- Finally, Grill over medium heat with grill cover closed for 15 minutes – do not turn over (I do 15 minutes with frozen tilapia, cut about 2 – 3 minutes off for fresh.)
- That’s all…. enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
I always think it is funny when we are at a restaurant and someone asks the waiter about the fish and says, “is it fishy?” As I mentioned, I am not the biggest fish eater. However, I do love the lightness of tilapia and the fact that it really isn’t very “fishy.”
Tilapia is the fish for people who don’t really like fish. It’s a good middle ground if you have to make a group of people happy. I have been making tilapia for years and, if I do say so myself, I have perfected this easy tilapia recipe!
Really you can use either fresh or frozen tilapia when making this recipe. If you use fresh tilapia, you may want to cook it a few minutes shorter.
Other Easy Grilling Recipes
Easy Grilled Tilapia
- 1 Tilapia loin fresh or frozen
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Parmesan cheese Shredded
- Non-stick aluminum foil
- Place tilapia on non-stick aluminum foil
- Lightly brush olive oil over the top and sides of the tilapia
- Sprinkle garlic salt and parmesan cheese gernerously over the tilapia
- Grill over medium heat with grill cover closed for 15 minutes – do not turn over (I do 15 minutes with frozen tilapia, cut about 2 – 3 minutes off for fresh.)
POST UPDATED: Original posting May 8, 2014
so when u put it on the foil then u place that in a pan on top of stove?
Do you coat both sides of the fish with the oil, salt & parmesan?
I’m so anxious to try this! My kids love tilapia!
Thank you in advance for replying.
Hi Jan, I typically just season the top, not the bottom! Hope your family enjoys it!
Tried this tonight, grilling in the dark, and my husband could not stop raving. Thanks so much! It came out perfect. Two former fish haters. 🙂
– from another former fish hater!!
Made this for dinner tonight, my family loved it!! Definitely will make this again!
Thank you for a fast delicious dinner idea!
So glad you liked it! One of our favorites and SO easy!
All sounds good.