Garlic Potato Foil Packets are an amazing side to any meal. Grilled up perfectly with onions, whole garlic cloves and fresh herbs, you will love every bite.
How to Make Foil Packet Recipes
Potatoes, garlic, herbs, butter, this has got to be the making of one delicious side for all your Summer grilling. These Garlic Potato Foil Packets are simple and easy to make and will be a huge crowd pleaser.
Potatoes on the grill is always a fun way to change things up and serve along side so many different things. This Garlic Potato recipe would go great with steak, chicken, fish, pork chops, salads, or even just on their own they are a great appetizer. My family loves them with our Grilled Rib Eye Steak with Ginger Teriyaki Sauce
These Garlic Potato Foil Packets can be made on an individual basis or to feed a crowd. It’s simple, the more potatoes you buy the more foil pack you can make!
The process is quick and you will love all the flavor that steams up inside to cook the potatoes, onions, and garlic to perfection.
What is a foil packet?
A foil packet is a fun and easy way to cook a meal in the oven, on the grill or over a campfire. Sometimes called Hobo Dinners, foil packet recipes are really the perfect camping recipe! You can have everything cut up and ready to go and then just throw them over the fire!
You can make chicken foil packets, shrimp foil packets… pretty much anything that sounds good to you! It honestly makes an delicious and easy camping recipe (or just an easy grilling recipe for home with NO clean up!) If you are heading out on a camping trip soon, be sure to check out our round-up of Amazing Camping Recipes!
How to make any meal into a Foil Packet Meal
- Simply use large piece(s) of foil, depending on how many people you want to feed.
- Fold it in half so it is sturdy and can be sealed up.
- Place your food in the middle of the foil then bring both sides up and fold over to seal.
- Turn up the sides to seal as well, but don’t seal too tight. You want to leave room for the steam to expand. Then place in the oven or on the grill and let your food cook.
Can you put foil packets in the oven?
Yes. For this recipe I used the grill and cooked the Garlic Potatoes over the heat for 20-25 minutes. But you can make up your foil packs the same way you would for the grill and place them on a baking sheet.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and simply place the foil packets on the baking sheet and cook in the oven 20-25 minutes. Again… bonus to this delicious recipe is little to no clean up!
How do you grill foil packets?
- Make up your foil packs and seal. Don’t seal too tight because you want the steam to expand and help cook your food.
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees. Place the foil pack right on the grill and close the lid. Cook for 20-25 minutes, turning the foil packs about halfway through the cooking process.
- Remove from grill and let sit for a few minutes. Packets will be hot, so let them cool slightly and then carefully open. Avoid putting your face down by them so you don’t get burned by the steam.
- Place foil packets on a plate and serve.
What do you serve with Garlic Potato Foil Packs?
There are many different options when serving these Garlic Potato Foil Packs as a side. I love serve them along side Filet Mignon, Marinated Flank Steak, or Oven Baked BBQ Chicken, but they are so delicious and versatile you can mix them in with just about anything.
How do you make Garlic Potato Foil Packs?
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Tear off three large pieces of aluminum foil and fold them in half. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Slice potatoes in half, and place them in a large bowl with roughly chopped onion, 8 whole garlic cloves, grated parmesan cheese, garlic salt and fresh minced rosemary and thyme.
- Pour olive oil over the mixture and gently mix to incorporate all ingredients.
- Place equal parts of potato mixture onto prepared foil pieces and bring each side up and fold over to seal. Fold in the remaining two sides and seal, but don’t seal too tightly.
- Place on grill and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning half way through. Remove packets from grill and let site a few minutes. Carefully open to let steam out, fold back the sides, garnish with more minced herbs and serve.
This summer try a fun new way to cook on the grill with these super flavorful and tender Garlic Potato Foil Packs. They will make a terrific side to any meal and are easy and fun to make.
Garlic Potato Foil Packs
Garlic Potato Foil Packs are an amazing side to any meal. Grilled up perfectly with onions, whole garlic cloves and fresh herbs, you will love every bite.
- `1 LB fingerling potatoes sliced lengthwise
- 1 onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp minced thyme
- 1 tbsp minced rosemary
Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl add all ingredients and toss to coat evenly. Spray aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray and place even amounts of potato mixture into the center of the foil.
Bring up the sides to fold at the top and seal. Roll up the remaining sides to seal, but not too tightly. Place on grill and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning the packets halfway through.
Remove packets from grill and let sit for 5 minutes to cool. Carefully open and garnish with more minced herbs (optional) serve warm.
Great Grilling Recipes
How to Grill Corn on the Cob – No foil and no husk needed and the result is a smoky and charred grilled flavor
Campfire Cones – Stuffed with chocolate, marshmallows, strawberries, bananas and anything else you have around the house!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!