This grilled salmon recipe is the quickest and easiest way to make delicious salmon on the grill. The flavorful filets are ready in just 15 minutes, making it the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight!
Easy Grilled Salmon Recipe
My family loves to make anything and everything we can on the grill. There’s just something about grilled food. It always hits the spot. This easy grilled salmon recipe is no exception. In fact, after tasting it off the grill, I don’t know if I’ll ever go back to baking it!
This salmon recipe makes for the perfectly seasoned filets, and grilling them ensures they are ready quickly! This is an easy and super healthy dinner option for the nights when we don’t have much time to cook. Salmon pairs well with so many sides. From a hearty salad or veggies to potatoes or rice!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy to make
- A quick weeknight dinner
- Prepped and cooked in 15 minutes
- Short ingredients list
- Delicious grilled salmon
- Perfect dinner for a summer night
- Makes 4 hearty servings
- Great as leftovers or on a salad
- Healthy dinner option
- Avocado oil
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make Salmon on the Grill
This is one of the easiest and most delicious ways to enjoy salmon! It only takes 5 minutes to prepare the salmon to be grilled. And salmon cooks a lot quicker than meats like steak or chicken, and will be ready in just 10 minutes of grill time!
Cut the thick portion of salmon into 4 servings.
Pro-tip: To prepare the salmon for grilling, trim off the thinner parts. This will help the salmon cook more evenly. These thinner pieces of salmon could be quickly seared in a pan and then used on a salad or in a wrap.
Drizzle with avocado oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
Pro-tip: You can put the salmon in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour after seasoning it, to give it time for the oil and seasonings to settle into the fish.
Heat the grill. Then, use a paper towel to rub the cooking grate with oil.
Place salmon flesh side down, and grill for 7 minutes.
Turn the salmon over and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
Variations / Options / Add-ins
- SALMON: When grilling salmon, it works best if you use skin on salmon filets.
- AVOCADO OIL: Olive oil could be used in place of avocado oil.
- WHITE PEPPER: Ground white pepper has more heat than black pepper. It is made from the same seeds as black pepper but is derived from the fully mature seed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Leftover grilled salmon should be stored in an airtight container, or wrapped tightly in tin foil and stored in the fridge. Properly stored salmon will last for 3 to 4 days.
This salmon goes great with any type of vegetable! My favorite thing to pair with it is this Whole Roasted Cauliflower. It’s so easy to make and delicious. Another great option are these Garlic Potato Foil Packets. They are easy to make on the grill.
If you’re serving this in the summer and looking for a light salad to go with, I suggest this Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad or my classic Broccoli Salad. Both are cold salads that go perfect with grilled salmon!
Other Easy Grilling Recipe
Grilled Pineapple | Grilled Chicken Wings | Campfire Pizza – How to grill pizza! | Grilled Rib Eye Steak with Ginger Teriyaki Sauce | Campfire Potatoes – Campfire, Grill or Oven | Garlic Potato Foil Packets | Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 2 pounds salmon skin on
- 4 tsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ – 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- To prepare the salmon for grilling, trim off the thinner parts. This will help the salmon cook more evenly. These thin pieces can either be cooked separately (for a shorter period of time) or set aside to use at another time as a salad topping. Cut the remaining thicker portion of salmon into 4 servings.
- Drizzle each portion of salmon (on the flesh side) with 1 teaspoon of avocado oil. Then sprinkle each portion with 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder, 1⁄8 to 1⁄4 teaspoon ground white pepper, and 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil. Set aside. This can be put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour, giving time for the oil and seasonings to settle into the fish.
- Prepare the grill by heating the grill to medium heat, 300 to 350 degrees. Once the grill is heated, use a thick portion of paper towels or clean rag and generously rub the cooking grate with cooking oil.
- Place the salmon flesh side down (skin side up) and grill for 7 minutes. As the salmon cooks, it will pull away from the cooking grate. Carefully turn the salmon and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition information is an estimate. Please utilize your own brand information to double check against our estimates.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!