S’mores Cookie Cups are the ultimate way to enjoy a delicious s’more indoors, no campfire required! Graham cracker crumb cookie cups are filled with gooey toasted marshmallows and topped off with a piece of melted Hershey’s chocolate bar!
Table of Contents
Easy S’more Cookie cups
S’mores were given their name for a reason… because people always want some more!
S’mores style desserts have to be one of the most beloved flavor profiles ever. And now, you (and your kiddos) don’t have to wait for a summer campfire to enjoy them! With these s’more cookie cups, you can have a tasty, gooey, s’more flavored cookie at any time.
Our s’more’s cookie cups are easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes.
They start out with a graham cracker crumb cookie cup, that’s filled with gooey marshmallows and topped off with melted Hershey’s chocolate. They are quick and simple and insanely delicious!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy to make
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
- Simple ingredients list
- Uses pantry staples that I tend to have at home
- Less messy than traditional s’mores
- Great way to enjoy s’mores in the winter
- Great party food and get-togethers
- The recipe is easily doubled or tripled for big groups
- Can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months
- Finger food for easy serving
- Graham cracker crumbs: You can make your own graham cracker crumbs by putting them in a ziplock bag and smashing them up (you will need 7-8 sheets). Or I really like the graham cracker crumbs already “crumbed” at the grocery. You can find these in the baking section. They are smashed really finely and work great in recipes.
- Baking powder
- Nutmeg – if you don’t have nutmeg, you can use cinnamon in place.
- White & brown sugars – the combination of white and brown sugar will make a delicious cookie!
- Marshmallows – You will want to use the large marshmallows cut in half horizontally.
- Hershey’s chocolate bar – you can use any type of chocolate bar, but we always go with Hershey!
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- CHOCOLATE BAR: Have you ever had s’mores with different candy bars?! It’s delicious, as are these s’mores cookies when made with different bars. I love them with Cookies ‘n Cream bars, Reese’s cups, or Heath bars. You can make a variety by topping each cookie with something different.
- GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS: If you are a chocolate lover, feel free to use chocolate graham crackers for this recipe! For something different, you can also use cinnamon graham crackers, too.
How to Make S’mores Cookie Cups
It will only take 10 minutes to prep these cookies, it’s as easy as mixing up your ingredients. Then simply bake. They are so delicious straight out of the oven when they are still warm!
- Combine flour, graham crackers, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Beat together butter and both sugars. Then add in the egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture.
- Evenly fill the muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately make indents in each cookie.
- Fill the indents with half a marshmallow.
- Bake for 2 more minutes.
VERY IMPORTANT Pro-tip: When you put the cookies in to bake a second time, be careful and keep an eye on them because they will burn very quickly! Take them out as soon as you see them start to brown! I REPEAT… don’t take your eyes off of them in the oven!!!
- Let sit for a few minutes, then top with one piece of chocolate.
Pro-tip: If you would like the chocolate more melted, add it on top of the marshmallow immediately after it comes out of the oven. This will melt it quickly.
Can I Make a Mini Version of My S’mores Cookie Cups?
I like this recipe because it’s based on eating large cookie cups, but a lot of people like doing this in the mini muffin pans.
If you choose to do so, be aware that the baking time will vary. The baking time will be closer to 10 minutes, but I would recommend checking them with a toothpick to see when they are really finished.
If the toothpick comes out clean, they are done. However, I like a slightly moist toothpick so that the inside is still slightly chewy.
You can also see our Mini S’more Bites version! These oven-baked s’mores have a more traditional s’more crust!
How to Store S’mores Cookie Cups
Store these at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week. You can also freeze them by wrapping them individually.
They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw them at room temperature or in a microwave before enjoying.
More S’more Inspired Recipes
S’mores Cookies|S’mOreos – S’mores Brownie with Oreos! |S’mores Hand Pies |S’more Ice Cream Cake | S’more Bars |S’Mores Bark | Peeps S’mores | S’mores Icebox Cake | S’mores Cheesecake Bars | Indoor S’mores
S’mores Cookie Cup
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 large marshmallows cut in half horizontally
- 1 chocolate Hershey’s bar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray. Set it aside for now.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl and whisk together until combined.
- With a standing or hand mixer, beat together the salted butter, granulated white sugar, and light brown sugar until the consistency turns light and fluffy, about 1-3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Do not overmix. The dough should be a little crumbly.
- Evenly fill each muffin tin with the batter completely to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and the top is set.
- Once the cookies come out of the oven, immediately use a tablespoon to push indents into the center of each cookie to make room for the marshmallow. Fill each indent with one marshmallow half.
- Bake the cookie cups in the oven for 2 more minutes. If you would like to brown the tops, broil for 1 minute or until golden brown. Keep a close eye because it can burn very quickly.
- Let the cookies sit for a few minutes before topping with one piece of the Hershey’s chocolate bar. Plate and serve.